Apr 8, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Scott was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the Rays’ batting order by backup catcher Stephen Vogt.
Scott had three hits in four at-bats in Saturday’s 8-6 defeat of New York and is batting .500/.571/.667 through seven total plate appearances this year. The Rays are calling him “day-to-day,” which likely means he’ll miss a game or two before returning to action by the middle of this week.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 14
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)