Apr 8, 2012, 4:09 PM EST
Scott was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the Rays’ batting order by backup catcher Stephen Vogt.
Scott had three hits in four at-bats in Saturday’s 8-6 defeat of New York and is batting .500/.571/.667 through seven total plate appearances this year. The Rays are calling him “day-to-day,” which likely means he’ll miss a game or two before returning to action by the middle of this week.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 28
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 79
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (103)