Apr 8, 2012, 4:09 PM EDT
Scott was 0-for-1 before being replaced in the Rays’ batting order by backup catcher Stephen Vogt.
Scott had three hits in four at-bats in Saturday’s 8-6 defeat of New York and is batting .500/.571/.667 through seven total plate appearances this year. The Rays are calling him “day-to-day,” which likely means he’ll miss a game or two before returning to action by the middle of this week.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 1
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 29
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)