Apr 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Lefty reliever Brian Tallet is again on the move.
As reported late Saturday night by MLB.com beat writer Corey Brock, the Padres acquired the 34-year-old southpaw from the Pirates in a trade.
Pittsburgh will either get cash considerations in return from the Friars or a player to be named later.
In a span of nine months, Tallet has been with the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Bucs and now Padres. The Oklahoma City native has a 4.79 career ERA in over 240 major-league appearances. He will function as organizational relief depth this year for San Diego.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 61
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 36
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)