Apr 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Lefty reliever Brian Tallet is again on the move.
As reported late Saturday night by MLB.com beat writer Corey Brock, the Padres acquired the 34-year-old southpaw from the Pirates in a trade.
Pittsburgh will either get cash considerations in return from the Friars or a player to be named later.
In a span of nine months, Tallet has been with the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Bucs and now Padres. The Oklahoma City native has a 4.79 career ERA in over 240 major-league appearances. He will function as organizational relief depth this year for San Diego.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)