Apr 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Lefty reliever Brian Tallet is again on the move.
As reported late Saturday night by MLB.com beat writer Corey Brock, the Padres acquired the 34-year-old southpaw from the Pirates in a trade.
Pittsburgh will either get cash considerations in return from the Friars or a player to be named later.
In a span of nine months, Tallet has been with the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Bucs and now Padres. The Oklahoma City native has a 4.79 career ERA in over 240 major-league appearances. He will function as organizational relief depth this year for San Diego.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)