Apr 8, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Lefty reliever Brian Tallet is again on the move.
As reported late Saturday night by MLB.com beat writer Corey Brock, the Padres acquired the 34-year-old southpaw from the Pirates in a trade.
Pittsburgh will either get cash considerations in return from the Friars or a player to be named later.
In a span of nine months, Tallet has been with the Cardinals, Blue Jays, Bucs and now Padres. The Oklahoma City native has a 4.79 career ERA in over 240 major-league appearances. He will function as organizational relief depth this year for San Diego.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 76
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 23
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 93
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)