Apr 8, 2012, 10:41 AM EDT
The Cubs have suffered two straight late-innings losses to the Nationals, settling in at the bottom of the NL Central standings with an 0-2 record. The struggles should come as no surprise given the lack of talent on the Northsiders’ 25-man roster and new president Theo Epstein’s implementation of a full-on rebuilding plan, but Wrigleyville bar owners were likely hoping that the team could stay afloat through … like … May.
From Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune comes the photo below of the sign this morning outside Murphy’s Bleachers, a famous watering hole across the street from Wrigley Field. “Gnats” is a nice touch.
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 0
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 47
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)