Apr 8, 2012, 10:41 AM EST
The Cubs have suffered two straight late-innings losses to the Nationals, settling in at the bottom of the NL Central standings with an 0-2 record. The struggles should come as no surprise given the lack of talent on the Northsiders’ 25-man roster and new president Theo Epstein’s implementation of a full-on rebuilding plan, but Wrigleyville bar owners were likely hoping that the team could stay afloat through … like … May.
From Paul Sullivan of the Chicago Tribune comes the photo below of the sign this morning outside Murphy’s Bleachers, a famous watering hole across the street from Wrigley Field. “Gnats” is a nice touch.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)