Apr 8, 2012, 8:34 AM EDT
Jamie Moyer‘s 2012 debut was less than stellar.
Making his first start since the 2010 season, the 49-year-old left-hander surrendered five hits and four runs (three earned) in five innings Saturday evening against a light-hitting Astros lineup.
The Rockies aren’t expecting the veteran southpaw to be anything more than an innings-eater this year, but it’s not a given that he’ll be able to meet those already-low expectations. Then again, it’s way too early to say anything definitive. How’s that for hard-hitting analysis?
Your Saturday box scores:
Blue Jays 7, Indians 4 (12 innings)
Phillies 1, Pirates 2 (10 innings)
Dodgers 6, Padres 5 (11 innings)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)