Apr 9, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
Chad Qualls was unavailable to pitch yesterday because of a foot injury, which the Phillies reliever described as like a “knife was going at the back of my heel.”
Matt Gelb of the Philadelphia Inquirer reports that Qualls actually pitched through that pain Saturday, throwing a scoreless inning against the Pirates, but sat out yesterday’s game and is now scheduled to see a doctor back in Philadelphia.
One of Qualls’ biggest strengths is durability and he apparently doesn’t know how this injury occurred, but it caused the Phillies to use Kyle Kendrick on consecutive days for the first time in his career and could put a lot of stress on a bullpen that’s already without Jose Contreras.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)