Apr 9, 2012, 5:20 PM EST
After a spring training filled with elbow tenderness, this is not good news for Nats closer Drew Storen:
Drew Storen will visit Dr. James Andrews after feeling tenderness in his elbow during a sim game. Nats fear bone chip.
— Adam Kilgore (@AdamKilgoreWP) April 9, 2012
Storen began the season on the DL, of course. In his absence the Nats are going with Brad Lidge. Here’s hoping Dr. Andrews doesn’t deliver the news that made him famous.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 42
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)