Matt Kemp, Miguel Cabrera named MLB players of the week

Apr 9, 2012, 3:37 PM EDT

Miguel Cabrera

Can you really call it a week after three games?  Sure, why not?  So player of the “week” honors go to Matt Kemp in the NL and Miguel Cabrera in the AL.

Cabrera batted .455 (5-for-11) with an A.L.-leading three home runs and eight RBI.  Kemp hit .412 (7-for-17) while leading the Majors with six runs scored and tying Cabrera for the major league lead with eight RBI and 14 total bases.

No word on where Alfredo Aceves and The Entire Phillies and Braves Offenses fell in the voting.

1. El Bravo - Apr 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Other notables: my homie Bonafacio (stole yet another bag today), my man Cespedes (who also has an AL leading three HRs), and my brothaman Beltran is just turning up the juice. Posey got a dinger yesterday, so I think he’s about to get hot, in my humble opinion. I love baseball.

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Please try to refrain from using the word “juice” when referring to any Cardinals players.
      That hatetrain doesn’t need much speed to pick up any steam whatsoever. Hahaha!

• El Bravo - Apr 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Dude, the Cards are gonna own that division this year. I really think they are going to be better than last year and then some. Call me crazy.

2. spudchukar - Apr 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM

Furcal was robbed.

• ajcardsfan - Apr 9, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I agree Spud…but then again, we’re a little biased :)

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 9, 2012 at 4:19 PM

LOL! No doubt Spud. An MLB best 10 hits. And Frosty is picked up right where he left off last year as well. Not going to do the necessary homework but he has to be very close to the MLB lead in Ribbies.

• scatterbrian - Apr 9, 2012 at 6:46 PM

“necessary homework”?

two clicks away from this page: http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/mlb/index.asp

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win