Apr 9, 2012, 3:10 PM EDT
Tim Hudson allowed two runs over three innings in his first minor-league rehab start Saturday at Single-A and he’s scheduled to take the mound for his second rehab outing Thursday.
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Hudson is slated to throw around 65 pitches and four innings as he recovers from November back surgery and the plan still involves him making a total of 5-6 starts in the minors.
That puts Hudson in line for an early May return to the Braves’ rotation, at which point Randall Delgado may be headed back to Triple-A. Thursday’s start should provide a better idea of Hudson’s timetable, however, as O’Brien reports that both manager Fredi Gonzalez and pitching coach Roger McDowell will be in attendance with the Braves off that night.
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 2
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 29
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 2
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 12
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 143
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)