Behold, The Dodgers unveil The Big Kid Dog

Apr 10, 2012, 8:46 AM EST

Some people say the Dodgers are worth $2 billion because of future television revenue. I say it’s because of billion-dollar ideas like this one: The Big Kid Dog.  According to the Dodgers’ Twitter feed it’s “a 100% all-beef dog topped with gooey Mac and Cheese and covered in Fritos.”

source:

1. redguy12588 - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Genius!

2. mybrunoblog - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I guess ideas like this answer the question as to why there are so many fat kids these days.

• ajcardsfan - Apr 10, 2012 at 11:22 AM

If they’re going to make America even fatter, the least they could do is top it with chilli

3. churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I think it’s only fair if you are going to use images from reddit that you guys upgrade the forums to let us link images as well. We have twitter and youtube imbeds, why not images?

4. addict2sport - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

If someone can sue McDonalds for serving coffee that is too hot, can I sue the Dodgers for serving a hot dog that’ll clog my arteries? All I want is a share of the parking lot.

5. b7p19 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM

That looks amazing. Throw on a little hot sauce and count me in. Maybe some stewed tomatoes?

6. cusepulptashmo - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:05 AM

They stole this from Nationals Park. The name “Big Kid Dog” and everything. I had one there last year in right field.

It is delicious, but not an original idea.

• koufaxmitzvah - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Chances are the Dodgers and Nationals use the same concessionaire. If anything, the Big Kid Dog showed up in LA after a successful first year stint in DC.

Nothing in corporate America is ever original, least of all the fatty food and concrete.

• cusepulptashmo - Apr 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM

True story

• natstowngreg - Apr 10, 2012 at 1:26 PM

So, once the Strasburger is tested at Nats Park, other parks will adopt the 8-pound burger, under other names. No doubt, fans across America (and Ontario) can’t wait.

• itripledogdareyou - Apr 10, 2012 at 2:47 PM

The difference is now that the Dodgers are doing it, people will actually pay attention. Nobody really cares what the Nats do on or off the field. Too bad ESPN doesn’t realize the rest of the country could care less about a pitcher whose MLB career consists of a 6-4 record.

7. Jonny 5 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:11 AM

Baaaaa. Philly serves a Texas Tommy, which is Bacon and cheddar on a dog. Far superior to that dog covered in musharoni and “Cheese”.

8. stublues33 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Please, the morally correct name for a dog with bacon & cheddar is a “Swanky- Frankie”. Accept no substitutes.

9. stex52 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:24 AM

Official disclaimer. I’ve been a mac ‘n cheese man since I was four. But now they are smearing it on every other thing there is. A new restaurant here in town is frying pucks of them and putting them on burgers. Just doesn’t work for me.

The epitome of hot dog is still the Chicago. Although I will go sauerkraut on occasion, too.

• bbil2012 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:44 AM

As a kid my daughter could eat the popular brand mac and cheese with hot dogs mixed in it every day. It took me a minute but then I realized this is basically the same thing on a bun.Plus the added stuff. And thanks to her I have the entire set of the baseball cards that were on the boxes and then some.

• b7p19 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:49 AM

Kraut is by far the best dog. Can’t beat a dog with about a pound of sauerkraut on it.

• ajcardsfan - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Stex, I’d have to disagree with you on that. The Chicago overdoes it. I like my hot dog in one of 3 ways:
        1) Simple: Ketchup, Mustard, Relish
        2)”New York”: Spicy Mustard, Sauerkraut, Grilled Onions
        3)Chili Cheese

Damn…now I want a hot dog…

10. cur68 - Apr 10, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My arteries clanged shut when I looked at that image. He’p me.

11. snowbirdgothic - Apr 10, 2012 at 5:33 PM

I look forward to the day when a guy chowing down on one of those takes a foul ball right in the cheesy nachos because his hands are too gunked up to catch anything with.

Cubs shore up rotation with Jon Lester