Apr 10, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Chipper Jones vowed to return in time for the Braves’ home opener after undergoing knee surgery on March 26 and sure enough he’s back in the lineup with three days to spare.
Jones ended up missing just four games following surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee.
Jones’ return means Prado can shift to left field full time, with Matt Diaz and Francisco likely losing the most playing time. Jose Constanza, who briefly supplanted Jason Heyward as a regular last season, was demoted to the minors to make room for Jones on the roster.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (76)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)