Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
Wright doesn’t need surgery, but he has been put in a protective splint and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Mets will reevaluate him on Wednesday and attempt to come up with a recovery timetable.
Wright suffered the injury Monday while diving back into a base on a pickoff attempt. The 29-year-old is 7-for-12 this season with a homer and four RBI. Ronny Cedeno filled in at the hot corner Tuesday night.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 37
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 10
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 53
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 87
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)