Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
Wright doesn’t need surgery, but he has been put in a protective splint and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Mets will reevaluate him on Wednesday and attempt to come up with a recovery timetable.
Wright suffered the injury Monday while diving back into a base on a pickoff attempt. The 29-year-old is 7-for-12 this season with a homer and four RBI. Ronny Cedeno filled in at the hot corner Tuesday night.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)