Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
Wright doesn’t need surgery, but he has been put in a protective splint and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Mets will reevaluate him on Wednesday and attempt to come up with a recovery timetable.
Wright suffered the injury Monday while diving back into a base on a pickoff attempt. The 29-year-old is 7-for-12 this season with a homer and four RBI. Ronny Cedeno filled in at the hot corner Tuesday night.
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 16
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 15
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 41
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 48
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- Royals acquire ace Johnny Cueto from the Reds 71
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)