Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
Wright doesn’t need surgery, but he has been put in a protective splint and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Mets will reevaluate him on Wednesday and attempt to come up with a recovery timetable.
Wright suffered the injury Monday while diving back into a base on a pickoff attempt. The 29-year-old is 7-for-12 this season with a homer and four RBI. Ronny Cedeno filled in at the hot corner Tuesday night.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)