Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
Wright doesn’t need surgery, but he has been put in a protective splint and will be sidelined indefinitely.
The Mets will reevaluate him on Wednesday and attempt to come up with a recovery timetable.
Wright suffered the injury Monday while diving back into a base on a pickoff attempt. The 29-year-old is 7-for-12 this season with a homer and four RBI. Ronny Cedeno filled in at the hot corner Tuesday night.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 6
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 25
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)