Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
David Wright was a late scratch from the Mets’ lineup and will undergo X-rays on a right pinkie finger injury suffered yesterday.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright suffered the injury diving back into first base after hitting a single and “is hoping it’s not broken, but he’s unsure.”
Ronny Cedeno is filling at third base, batting second in the revamped lineup.
And now Mets fans can hold their breath that the team’s surprisingly good start won’t immediately be ruined by an injury.
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 1
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 20
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 62
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)