Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EST
David Wright was a late scratch from the Mets’ lineup and will undergo X-rays on a right pinkie finger injury suffered yesterday.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright suffered the injury diving back into first base after hitting a single and “is hoping it’s not broken, but he’s unsure.”
Ronny Cedeno is filling at third base, batting second in the revamped lineup.
And now Mets fans can hold their breath that the team’s surprisingly good start won’t immediately be ruined by an injury.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 99
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 38
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 5
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 4
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 366
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (367)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (103)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (85)