Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
David Wright was a late scratch from the Mets’ lineup and will undergo X-rays on a right pinkie finger injury suffered yesterday.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright suffered the injury diving back into first base after hitting a single and “is hoping it’s not broken, but he’s unsure.”
Ronny Cedeno is filling at third base, batting second in the revamped lineup.
And now Mets fans can hold their breath that the team’s surprisingly good start won’t immediately be ruined by an injury.
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 0
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)