Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
David Wright was a late scratch from the Mets’ lineup and will undergo X-rays on a right pinkie finger injury suffered yesterday.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright suffered the injury diving back into first base after hitting a single and “is hoping it’s not broken, but he’s unsure.”
Ronny Cedeno is filling at third base, batting second in the revamped lineup.
And now Mets fans can hold their breath that the team’s surprisingly good start won’t immediately be ruined by an injury.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (200)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)