Apr 10, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
David Wright was a late scratch from the Mets’ lineup and will undergo X-rays on a right pinkie finger injury suffered yesterday.
Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that Wright suffered the injury diving back into first base after hitting a single and “is hoping it’s not broken, but he’s unsure.”
Ronny Cedeno is filling at third base, batting second in the revamped lineup.
And now Mets fans can hold their breath that the team’s surprisingly good start won’t immediately be ruined by an injury.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42