Apr 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop. Vlad Guerrero’s hands are idle for the first time during the baseball season in about 20 years, and if you believe the Dominican National Police, he was putting them to poor use last night. Assuming this translation is close to accurate, it sounds like he assaulted a police officer:
The National Police on Tuesday announced an all points bulleting for the arrest of Major League Baseball star Vladimir Guerrero, for the alleged aggression against to a Police major and for unleashing a brawl in a discotheque.
Police spokesman Maximo Baez said one of Guerrero’s brothers, two cousins and a worker are being held for their alleged part in the melee.
“Police chief major general (Jose) Polanco instructed Baní regional (south) director general (Juan Ramon) de la Cruz Martinez to continue the pursuit,” Baez said.
It would probably be in poor taste for me to marvel at the fact that, at this point, Vlad actually hit something, so I won’t say such a thing.
UPDATE: Looks like they got him:
Guerrero will be charged of physical and verbal assault to an authority. He is currently at a police precinct in Baní.
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) April 10, 2012
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)