Apr 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop. Vlad Guerrero’s hands are idle for the first time during the baseball season in about 20 years, and if you believe the Dominican National Police, he was putting them to poor use last night. Assuming this translation is close to accurate, it sounds like he assaulted a police officer:
The National Police on Tuesday announced an all points bulleting for the arrest of Major League Baseball star Vladimir Guerrero, for the alleged aggression against to a Police major and for unleashing a brawl in a discotheque.
Police spokesman Maximo Baez said one of Guerrero’s brothers, two cousins and a worker are being held for their alleged part in the melee.
“Police chief major general (Jose) Polanco instructed Baní regional (south) director general (Juan Ramon) de la Cruz Martinez to continue the pursuit,” Baez said.
It would probably be in poor taste for me to marvel at the fact that, at this point, Vlad actually hit something, so I won’t say such a thing.
UPDATE: Looks like they got him:
Guerrero will be charged of physical and verbal assault to an authority. He is currently at a police precinct in Baní.
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) April 10, 2012
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)