Apr 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop. Vlad Guerrero’s hands are idle for the first time during the baseball season in about 20 years, and if you believe the Dominican National Police, he was putting them to poor use last night. Assuming this translation is close to accurate, it sounds like he assaulted a police officer:
The National Police on Tuesday announced an all points bulleting for the arrest of Major League Baseball star Vladimir Guerrero, for the alleged aggression against to a Police major and for unleashing a brawl in a discotheque.
Police spokesman Maximo Baez said one of Guerrero’s brothers, two cousins and a worker are being held for their alleged part in the melee.
“Police chief major general (Jose) Polanco instructed Baní regional (south) director general (Juan Ramon) de la Cruz Martinez to continue the pursuit,” Baez said.
It would probably be in poor taste for me to marvel at the fact that, at this point, Vlad actually hit something, so I won’t say such a thing.
UPDATE: Looks like they got him:
Guerrero will be charged of physical and verbal assault to an authority. He is currently at a police precinct in Baní.
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) April 10, 2012
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 4
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 291
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (293)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)