Apr 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop. Vlad Guerrero’s hands are idle for the first time during the baseball season in about 20 years, and if you believe the Dominican National Police, he was putting them to poor use last night. Assuming this translation is close to accurate, it sounds like he assaulted a police officer:
The National Police on Tuesday announced an all points bulleting for the arrest of Major League Baseball star Vladimir Guerrero, for the alleged aggression against to a Police major and for unleashing a brawl in a discotheque.
Police spokesman Maximo Baez said one of Guerrero’s brothers, two cousins and a worker are being held for their alleged part in the melee.
“Police chief major general (Jose) Polanco instructed Baní regional (south) director general (Juan Ramon) de la Cruz Martinez to continue the pursuit,” Baez said.
It would probably be in poor taste for me to marvel at the fact that, at this point, Vlad actually hit something, so I won’t say such a thing.
UPDATE: Looks like they got him:
Guerrero will be charged of physical and verbal assault to an authority. He is currently at a police precinct in Baní.
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) April 10, 2012
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 34
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 29
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 40
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)