Apr 10, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
Idle hands are the Devil’s workshop. Vlad Guerrero’s hands are idle for the first time during the baseball season in about 20 years, and if you believe the Dominican National Police, he was putting them to poor use last night. Assuming this translation is close to accurate, it sounds like he assaulted a police officer:
The National Police on Tuesday announced an all points bulleting for the arrest of Major League Baseball star Vladimir Guerrero, for the alleged aggression against to a Police major and for unleashing a brawl in a discotheque.
Police spokesman Maximo Baez said one of Guerrero’s brothers, two cousins and a worker are being held for their alleged part in the melee.
“Police chief major general (Jose) Polanco instructed Baní regional (south) director general (Juan Ramon) de la Cruz Martinez to continue the pursuit,” Baez said.
It would probably be in poor taste for me to marvel at the fact that, at this point, Vlad actually hit something, so I won’t say such a thing.
UPDATE: Looks like they got him:
Guerrero will be charged of physical and verbal assault to an authority. He is currently at a police precinct in Baní.
— Rafael Rojas C (@rafaelrojasc) April 10, 2012
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)