Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Liam Hendriks was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and is recovered enough from his bout with food poisoning that he’s rejoined the Twins in Minnesota.
Hendriks, who was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start in place of the injured Scott Baker, told Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com that he managed to avoid losing any weight and isn’t sure what made him sick.
Baker is expected to be sidelined for an extended period as he seeks a second opinion on his elbow injury, so there will be a spot in the rotation for Hendriks even once Jason Marquis resumes starting again.
For now, though, Anthony Swarzak is expected to start in place of Hendriks at least once more.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)