Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Liam Hendriks was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and is recovered enough from his bout with food poisoning that he’s rejoined the Twins in Minnesota.
Hendriks, who was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start in place of the injured Scott Baker, told Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com that he managed to avoid losing any weight and isn’t sure what made him sick.
Baker is expected to be sidelined for an extended period as he seeks a second opinion on his elbow injury, so there will be a spot in the rotation for Hendriks even once Jason Marquis resumes starting again.
For now, though, Anthony Swarzak is expected to start in place of Hendriks at least once more.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (106)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)