Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Liam Hendriks was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and is recovered enough from his bout with food poisoning that he’s rejoined the Twins in Minnesota.
Hendriks, who was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start in place of the injured Scott Baker, told Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com that he managed to avoid losing any weight and isn’t sure what made him sick.
Baker is expected to be sidelined for an extended period as he seeks a second opinion on his elbow injury, so there will be a spot in the rotation for Hendriks even once Jason Marquis resumes starting again.
For now, though, Anthony Swarzak is expected to start in place of Hendriks at least once more.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)