Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Liam Hendriks was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and is recovered enough from his bout with food poisoning that he’s rejoined the Twins in Minnesota.
Hendriks, who was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start in place of the injured Scott Baker, told Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com that he managed to avoid losing any weight and isn’t sure what made him sick.
Baker is expected to be sidelined for an extended period as he seeks a second opinion on his elbow injury, so there will be a spot in the rotation for Hendriks even once Jason Marquis resumes starting again.
For now, though, Anthony Swarzak is expected to start in place of Hendriks at least once more.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)