Apr 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
Liam Hendriks was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and is recovered enough from his bout with food poisoning that he’s rejoined the Twins in Minnesota.
Hendriks, who was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start in place of the injured Scott Baker, told Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com that he managed to avoid losing any weight and isn’t sure what made him sick.
Baker is expected to be sidelined for an extended period as he seeks a second opinion on his elbow injury, so there will be a spot in the rotation for Hendriks even once Jason Marquis resumes starting again.
For now, though, Anthony Swarzak is expected to start in place of Hendriks at least once more.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)