Apr 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Recovering from shoulder surgery was the big question mark facing Luke Scott this season and has him limited to designated hitter duties for the Rays, but now his hamstring is a problem as well.
Scott left Sunday’s game with what he called a “mild” hamstring strain and an MRI exam revealed no major damage, but he needed a cortisone injection yesterday.
Joe Maddon told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Bay Tribune that Scott is unlikely to play for at least the next 3-4 days and it’s worth noting that Scott has a history of hamstring problems that have previously led to time on the disabled list.
Scott also expressed some worries about how cold weather during the Rays’ lengthy road trip could make the injury worse, so it won’t be surprising if the team plays it very cautiously with his timetable.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (70)