Apr 10, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Recovering from shoulder surgery was the big question mark facing Luke Scott this season and has him limited to designated hitter duties for the Rays, but now his hamstring is a problem as well.
Scott left Sunday’s game with what he called a “mild” hamstring strain and an MRI exam revealed no major damage, but he needed a cortisone injection yesterday.
Joe Maddon told Roger Mooney of the Tampa Bay Tribune that Scott is unlikely to play for at least the next 3-4 days and it’s worth noting that Scott has a history of hamstring problems that have previously led to time on the disabled list.
Scott also expressed some worries about how cold weather during the Rays’ lengthy road trip could make the injury worse, so it won’t be surprising if the team plays it very cautiously with his timetable.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)