Apr 10, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
The only additional detail provided was that it was unrelated to the poor throw Ryan made in Monday night’s game.
Ryan might have been late to arrive to the ballpark, as was known to happen too often in St. Louis. The Cardinals made it clear that Ryan’s attitude played a role in the decision to ship him to Seattle prior to the 2011 season.
Ryan is one of the game’s best defensive shortstops, but he’s also a lifetime .256/.314/.340 hitter. He needs to clean up his act if he expects to remain in the league once he loses a step.
Munenori Kawasaki is starting at shortstop for the Mariners tonight.
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 10
- Who really owns a home run ball? 59
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)