Apr 10, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
The only additional detail provided was that it was unrelated to the poor throw Ryan made in Monday night’s game.
Ryan might have been late to arrive to the ballpark, as was known to happen too often in St. Louis. The Cardinals made it clear that Ryan’s attitude played a role in the decision to ship him to Seattle prior to the 2011 season.
Ryan is one of the game’s best defensive shortstops, but he’s also a lifetime .256/.314/.340 hitter. He needs to clean up his act if he expects to remain in the league once he loses a step.
Munenori Kawasaki is starting at shortstop for the Mariners tonight.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)