Apr 10, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
The only additional detail provided was that it was unrelated to the poor throw Ryan made in Monday night’s game.
Ryan might have been late to arrive to the ballpark, as was known to happen too often in St. Louis. The Cardinals made it clear that Ryan’s attitude played a role in the decision to ship him to Seattle prior to the 2011 season.
Ryan is one of the game’s best defensive shortstops, but he’s also a lifetime .256/.314/.340 hitter. He needs to clean up his act if he expects to remain in the league once he loses a step.
Munenori Kawasaki is starting at shortstop for the Mariners tonight.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 20
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)