Apr 10, 2012, 6:42 PM EDT
The only additional detail provided was that it was unrelated to the poor throw Ryan made in Monday night’s game.
Ryan might have been late to arrive to the ballpark, as was known to happen too often in St. Louis. The Cardinals made it clear that Ryan’s attitude played a role in the decision to ship him to Seattle prior to the 2011 season.
Ryan is one of the game’s best defensive shortstops, but he’s also a lifetime .256/.314/.340 hitter. He needs to clean up his act if he expects to remain in the league once he loses a step.
Munenori Kawasaki is starting at shortstop for the Mariners tonight.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)