Apr 10, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for returning Thursday. Kilgore reports that Morse “felt soreness throwing last night” and is now “out indefinitely.”
Assuming that nothing goes wrong when he plays nine innings in left field at Single-A tonight and tomorrow Michael Morse is scheduled to return from the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals’ lineup Thursday.
Morse is actually eligible to return from his lat injury tomorrow, but manager Davey Johnson told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that “I don’t see any sense in rushing him up here” and “I would just as soon him not make the trip, stay there and get treatment, then be ready to go Thursday.”
Kilgore reports that Rick Ankiel is also very close to coming off the disabled list after missing time with a triceps injury, although his role in the Nationals outfield is unclear.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 87
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 229
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (229)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (104)