Apr 10, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for returning Thursday. Kilgore reports that Morse “felt soreness throwing last night” and is now “out indefinitely.”
Assuming that nothing goes wrong when he plays nine innings in left field at Single-A tonight and tomorrow Michael Morse is scheduled to return from the disabled list and rejoin the Nationals’ lineup Thursday.
Morse is actually eligible to return from his lat injury tomorrow, but manager Davey Johnson told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post that “I don’t see any sense in rushing him up here” and “I would just as soon him not make the trip, stay there and get treatment, then be ready to go Thursday.”
Kilgore reports that Rick Ankiel is also very close to coming off the disabled list after missing time with a triceps injury, although his role in the Nationals outfield is unclear.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 14
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 45
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17