Apr 10, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
That’s just shy of Ian Kinsler money, so it’s probably about right for the market, even if it seems kind of nuts to go that long with a second baseman. They don’t age all that well. Carlos Baerga and Chase Utley told me so.
But what a world we live in: the Cincinnati Reds, inhabitants of one of baseball’s smallest television markets, have now committed over $300 million to two players in the past couple of weeks.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)