Apr 10, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
It’s not bad timing for a break after Santos blew back-to-back saves to begin the season and the Blue Jays can turn to Francisco Cordero as the fill-in closer.
Santos will have the job waiting for him when he returns, but if Cordero pitches well in the meantime and Santos struggles in his first few appearances back it’ll be tough to avoid a closer controversy in Toronto.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 228
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (228)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (103)