Apr 10, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
I can only assume Ozzie Guillen recommended him before leaving for Miami.
The White Sox on Tuesday acquired infielder Jose Castro from the Reds for a player to be named and assigned him to Triple-A Charlotte.
Castro, a 25-year-old second baseman and shortstop, hit .306/.343/.354 with no homers and no steals in 291 at-bats between Double-A Carolina and Triple-A Louisville last year. The White Sox are currently going with a light-hitting 23-year-old in Eduardo Escobar as their utilityman and needed some extra infield depth. Castro fits the bill, but it’s doubtful he’ll have a significant major league career.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 0
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)