Apr 11, 2012, 10:15 PM EST
Good news, courtesy of the Tampa Bay Times‘ Marc Topkin:
Tony Tufano, 72, the victim in the Rays minor league RHP Matt Bush DUI hit-and-run crash, was released from the hospital today and is home, daughter in law Shannon Moore said.
Tufano is using a walker and will receive home care, with family attorney Richard Hirsch saying there’s a “long road” to recovery with “hundreds of thousands” in medical bills. But Moore said the family is excited for Tufano’s return.
Bush is still in jail in Charlotte County, Florida with a $1.015 million bond. It was revealed recently that he was actually involved in three different wrecks on March 22, and he currently faces seven separate charges.
The Rays placed Bush on the restricted list on March 30. He’s doubtful to ever pitch professionally again.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (93)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)