Authorities wisely choose not to prosecute the Camden Yards Batman underwear streaker

Apr 11, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT

He’s not the attention-whoring, Batman underwear-and-cape-wearing weirdo Baltimore wants. But he is the attention-whoring, Batman underwear-and-cape-wearing weirdo Baltimore needs.  In case you missed his antics at last Friday’s Twins-Orioles game:

Despite some nifty moves, he was apprehended. Which just shows you that he is not the real Batman, because Batman frequently takes his exercise when police officers try to interfere with his mission, and the police officers always lose.

But he’s in the legal clear. As this report, courtesy of Red Lasso, shows, he will not be charged.  And in an extended interview with the guy, it’s pretty obvious why: Baltimore County’s mental health facilities don’t need the added strain.

In other news, I didn’t even seek this thing out. It was sent to me by people, because apparently everyone knows that I’m a sucker for anything Batman.  Guess I’ll own that.

1. skids003 - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:12 PM

These morons should be prosecuted. What’s to stop the next one? Any evetually, someone really dangerous could do this.

• atworkident - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

2. drinkpeepee - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM

I was at the game and everything was fun and games until he started throwing out Nazi salutes, at which point pretty much the entire crowd was calling for him to be tazed mercilessly.

• ajcardsfan - Apr 11, 2012 at 3:40 PM

You have to wonder if he made money off of a bet for doing that

3. El Bravo - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Relatedly, this:

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:23 PM

The back story on that guy is great. He dresses up as Batman and goes to childrens hospitals to surprise the kids.

4. yankeesfanlen - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Lot more civilized getting pulled over in Montgomery County than Prince George’s.

5. RedHeadedBastard - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:30 PM

I’m pretty sure he would have been tazed mercilessly and fully prosecuted if he was dressed as Superman.

• CJ - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:34 PM

deservedly so.

• drewsylvania - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:49 PM

This is much funnier if you know your history.

• Francisco (FC) - Apr 11, 2012 at 2:37 PM

Imagine if he dressed up as Aquaman…

• chadjones27 - Apr 11, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Superman? No. Aquaman? YES

• Loose Changeup - Apr 11, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Italics? NO

6. aleskel - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

that was some showing from the Baltimore police. Apparently the Camden Yards protocol is “get about a dozen guys to mosey over to the knucklehead.”

• Loose Changeup - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Actually, it is, so the chase doesn’t become part of the spectacle. They don’t want to look any more like Keystone Kops.

7. charlutes - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Craig C. Are you aware of the Toronto Batman?? YouTube it. You will appreciate this as a fellow bat lover.

8. drewsylvania - Apr 11, 2012 at 12:53 PM

I’m a little confused–if you don’t prosecute when people run onto the field, doesn’t that encourage more people running onto the field?

Last night’s Blue Jays game was delayed several times, first by an actually-nude streaker, then by people throwing stuff onto the field, then by some dope standing in the batter’s eye.

Where the hell’s the security?

9. kiwicricket - Apr 11, 2012 at 1:05 PM

I am willing to bet large sums of money Craig has ‘Bat-poles’ connecting different levels in his compound.

10. rkwhite321 - Apr 11, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Instead of making McNulty ride the boat, Rawls should have put him on Camden Park duty. Chasing idiots that run on the field seems like worse punishment.

11. mybrunoblog - Apr 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM

Sad thing is that Batman may be the best athlete the orioles will see on that field this season….

12. Francisco (FC) - Apr 11, 2012 at 2:38 PM

All your Italics are belong to me!

13. rcali - Apr 11, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Thank god for these modern phones since the networks try and pretend it’s not happening. All in good fun everybody, just relax.

14. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Apr 11, 2012 at 4:40 PM

Batman Streaker: Then why do you want to kill me?

Peter Angelos: [giggling] I don’t, I don’t want to kill you! What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, no, NO! No. You… you… complete me.

Batman Streaker: You’re garbage who kills for money.

Peter Angelos: Don’t talk like one of them. You’re not! Even if you’d like to be. To them, you’re just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don’t, they’ll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. I’ll show you. When the chips are down, these… these civilized people, they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the curve.

15. atworkident - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

If you are going to streak do it while the opposing team is pitching. That threw Arrieta off rhythm and could have been costly. Not that he even cared about the game being played on the field.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey