Apr 11, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Bad news in San Diego: Padres starter Dustin Moseley, who is on the 15-day disabled list with a right shoulder strain, has more than a right shoulder strain, and it looks like his season is over as a result.
Bud Black said an MRI on Dustin Moseley’s right shoulder revealed “extensive damage,” and that “he’s going to be shut down for a period of time that will take him past 15 days.” Personally, I can’t remember the last time a dude had “extensive damage” to his shoulder and didn’t miss a year, can you?
It looks like the Padres will call up Joe Wieland — who came to the organization in the Mike Adams deal last year — to make his major league debut Saturday. He was pulled in the second inning of his start at Triple-A last night for what were then unknown reasons. Wieland threw a no-hitter in Double-A last year — before the trade, against the Padres affiliate in San Antonio by the way — so he may be fun.
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 8
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 47
- Apparently MLB is going to ignore Alex Sanabia throwing a spitball 32
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 66
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (106)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm