Apr 11, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
This is just … wow:
Rays minor league pitcher Matt Bush got in a previous hit-and-run accident three hours before police arrested him in North Port Mar. 22 for a DUI-hit-and-run crash, according to Venice Police records.
Marc Topkin has the details from the police reports in the story. No one else was hurt — one involved hitting a car and then making an illegal u-turn, the other was hitting a light pole — but it’s amazing that Bush didn’t kill anyone.
Thankfully, Tony Tufano, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush hit at the end of his rampage is improving and, according to his family, is close to being released from the hospital.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 3
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)