Apr 11, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
This is just … wow:
Rays minor league pitcher Matt Bush got in a previous hit-and-run accident three hours before police arrested him in North Port Mar. 22 for a DUI-hit-and-run crash, according to Venice Police records.
Marc Topkin has the details from the police reports in the story. No one else was hurt — one involved hitting a car and then making an illegal u-turn, the other was hitting a light pole — but it’s amazing that Bush didn’t kill anyone.
Thankfully, Tony Tufano, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush hit at the end of his rampage is improving and, according to his family, is close to being released from the hospital.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 14
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 33
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 109
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)