Apr 11, 2012, 11:03 AM EST
This is just … wow:
Rays minor league pitcher Matt Bush got in a previous hit-and-run accident three hours before police arrested him in North Port Mar. 22 for a DUI-hit-and-run crash, according to Venice Police records.
Marc Topkin has the details from the police reports in the story. No one else was hurt — one involved hitting a car and then making an illegal u-turn, the other was hitting a light pole — but it’s amazing that Bush didn’t kill anyone.
Thankfully, Tony Tufano, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush hit at the end of his rampage is improving and, according to his family, is close to being released from the hospital.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)