Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
The plan is for Drew to take four at-bats in the game and run lightly out of the box if he puts the ball in play, manager Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic.
Drew is still likely at least a couple of weeks away from beginning a rehab assignment even without any setbacks, and there’s not much chance that he’ll see any action for the Diamondbacks this month. Still, all of the reports since spring training began have been favorable, though it’s helped that the Diamondbacks have insisted on bringing him along slowly.
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 0
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 6
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)