Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
The plan is for Drew to take four at-bats in the game and run lightly out of the box if he puts the ball in play, manager Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic.
Drew is still likely at least a couple of weeks away from beginning a rehab assignment even without any setbacks, and there’s not much chance that he’ll see any action for the Diamondbacks this month. Still, all of the reports since spring training began have been favorable, though it’s helped that the Diamondbacks have insisted on bringing him along slowly.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)