Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
The plan is for Drew to take four at-bats in the game and run lightly out of the box if he puts the ball in play, manager Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic.
Drew is still likely at least a couple of weeks away from beginning a rehab assignment even without any setbacks, and there’s not much chance that he’ll see any action for the Diamondbacks this month. Still, all of the reports since spring training began have been favorable, though it’s helped that the Diamondbacks have insisted on bringing him along slowly.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)