Apr 11, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
The plan is for Drew to take four at-bats in the game and run lightly out of the box if he puts the ball in play, manager Kirk Gibson told Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic.
Drew is still likely at least a couple of weeks away from beginning a rehab assignment even without any setbacks, and there’s not much chance that he’ll see any action for the Diamondbacks this month. Still, all of the reports since spring training began have been favorable, though it’s helped that the Diamondbacks have insisted on bringing him along slowly.
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 0
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 4
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 30
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 19
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)