Apr 11, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
The home opener on Friday at Fenway is gonna be rockin’! This after the Red Sox dropped another one — a particularly dispiriting one — 3-1 to the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox had three hits, all singles. All in the third inning. After that they went down in order in the fourth through eighth innings, before drawing both of their walks in the ninth. They were a non-threat to Rickey Romero, basically all day.
The Jays themselves didn’t do much either, mustering only three hits and two walks themselves, though they obviously got something out of them. Jon Lester went eight innings, striking out six.
So, bring on the Rays on Friday afternoon!
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)