Apr 11, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
The home opener on Friday at Fenway is gonna be rockin’! This after the Red Sox dropped another one — a particularly dispiriting one — 3-1 to the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox had three hits, all singles. All in the third inning. After that they went down in order in the fourth through eighth innings, before drawing both of their walks in the ninth. They were a non-threat to Rickey Romero, basically all day.
The Jays themselves didn’t do much either, mustering only three hits and two walks themselves, though they obviously got something out of them. Jon Lester went eight innings, striking out six.
So, bring on the Rays on Friday afternoon!
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 0
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)