Apr 11, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
The home opener on Friday at Fenway is gonna be rockin’! This after the Red Sox dropped another one — a particularly dispiriting one — 3-1 to the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox had three hits, all singles. All in the third inning. After that they went down in order in the fourth through eighth innings, before drawing both of their walks in the ninth. They were a non-threat to Rickey Romero, basically all day.
The Jays themselves didn’t do much either, mustering only three hits and two walks themselves, though they obviously got something out of them. Jon Lester went eight innings, striking out six.
So, bring on the Rays on Friday afternoon!
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 25
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 38
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)