Apr 11, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
The home opener on Friday at Fenway is gonna be rockin’! This after the Red Sox dropped another one — a particularly dispiriting one — 3-1 to the Blue Jays.
The Red Sox had three hits, all singles. All in the third inning. After that they went down in order in the fourth through eighth innings, before drawing both of their walks in the ninth. They were a non-threat to Rickey Romero, basically all day.
The Jays themselves didn’t do much either, mustering only three hits and two walks themselves, though they obviously got something out of them. Jon Lester went eight innings, striking out six.
So, bring on the Rays on Friday afternoon!
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)