Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Don’t get too crazy yet — for now I’d file this under “so you’re saying there’s a chance” — but Tom Gage just tweeted something that could be a big deal for the Tigers:
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) April 11, 2012
If you’re asking why that’s just coming out now, remember that Martinez’s surgery was a two-step process. He had microfracture surgery in January, and had to wait until this week for the ACL surgery. It’s the latter surgery from which the good news emanates.
Whatever the case, that would be something. Can you imagine a Tigers team that, as I expect they will, dominates the AL Central all season and then, just before the playoffs, gets a bat like V-Mart’s dropped in their lap?
Figuratively speaking. It would really suck to have a bat dropped in your lap, but you know what I mean.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)