Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Don’t get too crazy yet — for now I’d file this under “so you’re saying there’s a chance” — but Tom Gage just tweeted something that could be a big deal for the Tigers:
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) April 11, 2012
If you’re asking why that’s just coming out now, remember that Martinez’s surgery was a two-step process. He had microfracture surgery in January, and had to wait until this week for the ACL surgery. It’s the latter surgery from which the good news emanates.
Whatever the case, that would be something. Can you imagine a Tigers team that, as I expect they will, dominates the AL Central all season and then, just before the playoffs, gets a bat like V-Mart’s dropped in their lap?
Figuratively speaking. It would really suck to have a bat dropped in your lap, but you know what I mean.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 9
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 72
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 57
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)