Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Don’t get too crazy yet — for now I’d file this under “so you’re saying there’s a chance” — but Tom Gage just tweeted something that could be a big deal for the Tigers:
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) April 11, 2012
If you’re asking why that’s just coming out now, remember that Martinez’s surgery was a two-step process. He had microfracture surgery in January, and had to wait until this week for the ACL surgery. It’s the latter surgery from which the good news emanates.
Whatever the case, that would be something. Can you imagine a Tigers team that, as I expect they will, dominates the AL Central all season and then, just before the playoffs, gets a bat like V-Mart’s dropped in their lap?
Figuratively speaking. It would really suck to have a bat dropped in your lap, but you know what I mean.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)