Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 AM EST
Don’t get too crazy yet — for now I’d file this under “so you’re saying there’s a chance” — but Tom Gage just tweeted something that could be a big deal for the Tigers:
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) April 11, 2012
If you’re asking why that’s just coming out now, remember that Martinez’s surgery was a two-step process. He had microfracture surgery in January, and had to wait until this week for the ACL surgery. It’s the latter surgery from which the good news emanates.
Whatever the case, that would be something. Can you imagine a Tigers team that, as I expect they will, dominates the AL Central all season and then, just before the playoffs, gets a bat like V-Mart’s dropped in their lap?
Figuratively speaking. It would really suck to have a bat dropped in your lap, but you know what I mean.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 10
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)