Apr 11, 2012, 9:13 AM EDT
Don’t get too crazy yet — for now I’d file this under “so you’re saying there’s a chance” — but Tom Gage just tweeted something that could be a big deal for the Tigers:
— Tom Gage (@Tom_Gage) April 11, 2012
If you’re asking why that’s just coming out now, remember that Martinez’s surgery was a two-step process. He had microfracture surgery in January, and had to wait until this week for the ACL surgery. It’s the latter surgery from which the good news emanates.
Whatever the case, that would be something. Can you imagine a Tigers team that, as I expect they will, dominates the AL Central all season and then, just before the playoffs, gets a bat like V-Mart’s dropped in their lap?
Figuratively speaking. It would really suck to have a bat dropped in your lap, but you know what I mean.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 38
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (100)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)