Apr 11, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
The police say Vlad Guerrero assaulted one of their own. Vlad Guerrero said he did nothing of the kind. Now Vlad Guerrero’s lawyer says that Vlad faces no charges out of it.
I know nothing about the criminal justice system in the Dominican Republic. But after several random cases down there in the past few years, I get the sense that it operates in a very different fashion than that which you or I are used to.
So, no hits, a walk and win for Vlad Guerrero. Not bad for a guy who can’t get a job playing baseball anymore.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 0
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 7
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)