Apr 11, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The police say Vlad Guerrero assaulted one of their own. Vlad Guerrero said he did nothing of the kind. Now Vlad Guerrero’s lawyer says that Vlad faces no charges out of it.
I know nothing about the criminal justice system in the Dominican Republic. But after several random cases down there in the past few years, I get the sense that it operates in a very different fashion than that which you or I are used to.
So, no hits, a walk and win for Vlad Guerrero. Not bad for a guy who can’t get a job playing baseball anymore.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)