Apr 11, 2012, 5:30 PM EDT
The police say Vlad Guerrero assaulted one of their own. Vlad Guerrero said he did nothing of the kind. Now Vlad Guerrero’s lawyer says that Vlad faces no charges out of it.
I know nothing about the criminal justice system in the Dominican Republic. But after several random cases down there in the past few years, I get the sense that it operates in a very different fashion than that which you or I are used to.
So, no hits, a walk and win for Vlad Guerrero. Not bad for a guy who can’t get a job playing baseball anymore.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)