Apr 11, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
The police say Vlad Guerrero assaulted one of their own. Vlad Guerrero said he did nothing of the kind. Now Vlad Guerrero’s lawyer says that Vlad faces no charges out of it.
I know nothing about the criminal justice system in the Dominican Republic. But after several random cases down there in the past few years, I get the sense that it operates in a very different fashion than that which you or I are used to.
So, no hits, a walk and win for Vlad Guerrero. Not bad for a guy who can’t get a job playing baseball anymore.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)