Apr 11, 2012, 5:30 PM EST
The police say Vlad Guerrero assaulted one of their own. Vlad Guerrero said he did nothing of the kind. Now Vlad Guerrero’s lawyer says that Vlad faces no charges out of it.
I know nothing about the criminal justice system in the Dominican Republic. But after several random cases down there in the past few years, I get the sense that it operates in a very different fashion than that which you or I are used to.
So, no hits, a walk and win for Vlad Guerrero. Not bad for a guy who can’t get a job playing baseball anymore.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)