And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights

Apr 12, 2012, 6:05 AM EDT

Kansas City Royals v Oakland Athletics Getty Images

Athletics 5, Royals 4: Jonathan Broxton walked two batters and hit two batters to blow the game in the 12th inning. That, my friends, is how you blow a save. Without doubt and with authority. None of this pussyfooting around with grounders that just get past an infielder. Decisive action brings order to a world full of chaos.

Rockies 17, Giants 8: Tim Lincecum was beat up for the second straight start, and this time it wasn’t just a minor beating. The Rockies touched the Giants’ ace for six runs in two and a third innings — his shortest outing ever — opening the floodgates for Colorado. He got a no-decision thanks to some equally-bad Rockies pitching, but then the bullpen gave up ten runs and that was that. The Rockies rapped out 22 hits overall, eight of which were doubles and three of which were triples. Lincecum’s struggles have to be concerning in the extreme to anyone who gives a crap about the Giants.

Brewers 2, Cubs 1: Castro kicked off the scoring with a sac fly in the first, but no one else on the Cubs wanted to associate themselves with Castro in this highly-charged environment, so he was the only Cub with an RBI. Yovani Gallardo induced approximately 126 ground balls and didn’t break much of a sweat in this one.

Rays 4, Tigers 2: Justin Verlander had a one-hitter going and had thrown a mere 81 pitches when the ninth inning began. He threw 23 more in the game without escaping it. A couple of singles and a walk chased him when it was tied 2-2 and Daniel Schlereth was called on for some reason. He walked another guy and Jose Valverde let two score on a Ben Zobrist single. Seeing Verlander go from nearly untouchable to watching singles squirt through here and there was one of the more unexpected things of the young season so far.

Phillies 7, Marlins 1: The Roy Halladay vs. Josh Johnson battle everyone was anticipating was decidedly one-sided. Doc threw seven innings of one-run ball and Johnson couldn’t get out of the fourth after allowing six runs on 11 hits. Every position player got a hit for Philadelphia, five of them got two or more.

Padres 2, Diamondbacks 1: Aww, Arizona finally loses a game. They were the last undefeated team in baseball before last night. So, per tradition, the survivors from the last undefeated baseball team will all now crack open their celebratory bottles of champagne, toasting the endurance of their lasting achievement.

Twins 6, Angels 5: Yes, the Twins won, but let us all take a moment and acknowledge that Peter Bourjous is one fast s.o.b. Check out his inside the park homer. Wait for the replay that sticks on him as he’s running the bases. He doesn’t even really start running hard until he’s in between first and second base. And there still was no play at the plate. What happens if he’s running hard out of the box?  Two times around the bases? Mercy.

Nationals 4, Mets 0: I guess it was getaway day for home plate umpire Larry Vanover too, because the pitching staffs combined for 25 strikeouts. Terry Collins was ejected when he’d seen all he could stand of a zone that had dudes being punched out on balls thrown over the opposite batter’s box. Johan Santana was effective but not efficient. Stephen Strasburg was both, and he got the win.

Yankees 6, Orioles 4: The second extra innings game in a row for these two. Nick Swisher‘s two-run shot in the 10th ended up winning it.

Blue Jays 3, Red Sox 1: Rickey Romero shut the Red Sox down. Boston didn’t even have a hit after the third inning. And now they go back to Boston with a 1-5 record. Which is one win better than they were through six games last year, but don’t anyone mention it because that screws up the whole panic thing.

Reds 4, Caridnals 3: Joey Votto had four hits and scored the winning run when Chris Heisey singled him home in walkoff fashion. Aroldis Chapman struck out five dudes in two innings of relief work to get the win. Can someone tell me why he’s not starting?

White Sox 10, Indians 5A.J. Pierzynski hit a three-run homer and drove in four as the White Sox pulled away with a five-spot in the sixth inning. The Indians bullpen and offense have been a big problem in the early going, but Manny Acta is not worried:

“Five games is not going to make me panic about my bullpen, my offense, defense or anything like that,” Indians manager Manny Acta said. “We have to give it a little more time.”

Then he can panic.

Braves 6, Astros 3: Jason Heyward had a night, as he goes 3 for 4 with two RBI and a homer. The big guy has started the year off hot, which is exactly what the Braves need if they have a shot at contention.

Mariners 4, Rangers 3: The M’s rallied after finding themselves down 3-0 entering the eighth inning, scoring one that inning and capping it off with three runs off Joe Nathan in the ninth. In other news, Kevin Millwood has had a fork stuck in his back several times over the past decade, but he always seems to find a way to remove it. After missing most of last season, he begins 2012 by giving up a mere one run on six hits to one of the best offenses in the game. He didn’t get the win — thanks Steve Delabar! — but he was solid.

Dodgers 4, Pirates 1: The Dodgers are now 5-1, thanks in part to Matt Kemp and Juan Rivera, each of whom had three hits. Chad Billingsley was strong again too, allowing only one run over six.

1. Craig Calcaterra - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:19 AM

PROGRAMMING QUESTION:

Guys, let me axe you something: Would you be bent out of shape if, two days a week — Thursday and Friday — I were to post ATH at it’s usual early time, but without the 2-3 late west coast games? I’d update the post with the late west coast scores by 8AM or so.

The reasons are profoundly selfish: While I have always gotten the post up in its entirety early, west coast scores included, the reason has always been that I had no choice but to be up by like 5:30-6am every day. Now, because of my fabulous personal life, I don’t have my rugrats on Thursday and Friday mornings and I can thus sleep in a little bit. I still don’t stay up late enough to get all the west coast scores, however, so I’d grab them when I woke up, ideally a couple of hours later.

I’m seriously interested in your opinion on this. If it really bummed you out to wait a couple of hours for those A’s-Angels scores I’ll keep waking up and doing it. If not, I’ll grab a couple of hours and get some human-scale sleep.

• wondroushippo - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM

As someone who’s actually frequently awake for these posts when they go up at ~5am, I say get some sleep, man!

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:45 AM

Craig, you have responsibilities to the Circling the Bases community that you can’t just shrug off so easily. Social and cultural trends evolve on the west coast, and gradually thicken as they spread north and east, deteriorate and degenerate as they move to the southeast. You plan to sleep through their originary moments? By the time you wake up people as far east as, say, Needles and Lake Havasu City will be wearing new kinds of stupid hats, or using the next big cliched expression, or wa;lking strangely. You might even sleep through the resurrection of the propeller beanie.

Worse, you would be depriving yourself of opportunities to sustain REM deprivation – along with all the pretty colors, imaginary playmates and visitations by spirits that goes along with it. I mean, is your life really interesting enough as it is down in that basement?

• Gamera the Brave - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Gator,
        I’m glad you used Needles as your example of trend-setting hatwear. As those of us on the Left Coast are acutely aware, Needles is actually the home of Snoopy’s brother Spike, and we all know here that Spike only wears ONE kind of hat, always.

Because of this hat styles are not on the list of trends that migrate from West to East.

I mention this because a) I live in a city festooned with statues of Peanuts characters all over the place, and 2) I am heavily under the influence of REM deprivation myself right now…

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:05 PM

What would you rather live near, the formerly rotating statue of Rocky and Bullwinkle in front of Jay Ward Productions that the Hell’s Angels ruined by pissing on its base for years and years?

• Gamera the Brave - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Gator,
        You have mentioned that particular statue in the past, and it made me very sad, for I am a huge Jay Ward Productions fan…
        I don’t really even like Peanuts all that much, but it’s part of the local culture here…

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Like, for example, Sir Francis Drake in east Marin?

Nyuknyuknyuk…..

• joetarring - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:29 AM

I’m in the UK and so would presume I pick up ATH before most every day and I say go for it.

• Cran Boy - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:52 AM

Cool by me. We’re all tired by Thursday and Friday. Just promise not to conflate its and it’s, OK?

• eshine76 - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM

This is a blog that I pay nothing for… I’ll live. I only ask that you have an extra drink for us.

• allisonhagen - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Thank you for telling him to get some sleep. He won’t listen when I do.

• dlf9 - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Craig ~ Responding first to your question: bifrucating ATH on the days you don’t have Mookie and her brother is perfectly fine with me. And secondly, an unrequested piece of advise: always listen to Allison.

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

“Bifurcating”? Yeah, I’m a big fan of the Tour de France too….

• RedHeadedBastard - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:34 AM

Grab some sleep. We will survive.

• phukyouk - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:37 AM

Craig,

Allow me to quote a great man named Abraham which i hope helps answer your question

Marge: Where’d you get all the money?
      Grampa: The government. I didn’t earn it, I don’t need it, but if they miss one payment I’ll raise hell.

• drakosm - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:38 AM

As a Central time zone resident and fan of a west coast team I enjoy reading this column before I head off to work. That being said it’s really not going to have a negative impact on my life if I have to wait a couple of hours.

• cleverbob - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:57 AM

I want my subscription refunded immejately.

• Lukehart80 - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM

Isn’t this just a Phillies blog? Why would anyone care about the west coast games?

• churchoftheperpetuallyoutraged - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

/slowclap

• professorperry - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Get an intern. One that lives in Hawaii. Offer them a free mlb.com membership and nothing else but “exposure.”

Problem solved.

• CJ - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Who cares if an intern’s up late, it’d be an intern. Could be someone in Nova Scotia for all we care and have him stay up all night.

• professorperry - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

CJ is wise.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Only if this extra sleep you get is “beauty sleep” Craig, because Damn…

• bsbiz - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Oooh burn.

• snowbirdgothic - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Must I remind you, sir, that this is the internet. We demand our copious free content be available according to our whims whenever we desire it, and if that means that you are literally chained to your keyboard with a slow drip of convenience store coffee 24/7 simply to provide paragraph-long recaps of A’s-Mariners games that no one outside of Dustin Ackley’s extended family will harbor a genuine emotional attachment to, then so be it. Commence typing, pixel-stained, sleep-deprived internet word-wretch!

(Seriously. Dude. Sleep in. We’ll wait for it.)

• drunkenhooliganism - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:56 AM

If we could insert images into our comments, I would photoshop a Guillen protestor with some snarky Fire Calcaterra message.

But we don’t. And I’m okay with this move because, let’s be honest, no one gives a crap about the west coast games.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:54 AM

Vampires don’t sleep at night, silly!!! And wouldn’t we need to be IN shape to begin with in order to be bent OUT of shape?

• mplsjoe - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Sleep, Craig, sleep.

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

For when you awaken, the world will tremble….

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Don’t sweat it Calcaterra. Sleep in Man.

• jwbiii - Apr 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM

May I suggest “And That Also Happened” as a title?

• cur68 - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

I’m on Mountain Time. Won’t even notice the difference.

2. chantador - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Oh man… sleep in!!!

• 4d3fect - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:03 AM

*hysterical Kevin McCarthy voice* “Don’t go to sleep!”

• Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Craig woke up as an NBC corporate pod person?

3. proudlycanadian - Apr 12, 2012 at 6:54 AM

Get your beauty sleep Craig.

Red Sox fans should relax. Toronto’s best starting pitcher beat Boston’s best starting pitcher at home. It happens. Boston now returns home to Fenway and has a chance to turn things around.

4. stackers1 - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

As a sleep deprived person myself, I say go for it. It’s not like their are no other sources to get a west coast score in the morning.

5. lewp - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Craig, you do what is best for you. Please understand. as a relatively new reader, I really look forward to your morning ATH. Being a Rangers fan, I have to keep up with the west coast teams like the dreaded Angels…..I love this site…thanks for all you do.

6. Charles Gates - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:00 AM

Wait, ‘Craig Calcaterra’ isn’t a bot?

7. If the Shoe Fits - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Considerate as hell of you to open it up to feedback. Get some sleep. You’ve earned it.

8. Francisco (FC) - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

What happens if he’s running hard out of the box?

He probably reached home plate before Wells and Ianetta.

9. Francisco (FC) - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

SLEEP! SLEEP! SLEEEEEEEEEEEEP! (as a father of a 6-week old baby, I can’t emphasize how important it is to get your sleep when you can…)

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Wait…what?

• dlf9 - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:58 AM

If you had gotten more sleep, you wouldn’t be in the predicament you are in now.

10. paperlions - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:42 AM

Well….if no one else will step up to the plate, I guess I have to…..

EAST COAST BIAS!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!

• Gamera the Brave - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the statement, which was both obvious and necessary.

11. b7p19 - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Only if you promise to start writing more about the Padres than, “Aww, the D-Backs lost.”

12. notadumbblond3 - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:53 AM

Long time lurker, first time poster. I say get some sleep Craig. All kinds of physiological issues can start to pop up when you don’t get enough sleep.

Re: Aroldis Chapman – We in Cincinnati are less than pleased that he has been relegated to the bullpen again this year but there are a number of reasons for it that sort of make sense (sort of being the key phrase). First and foremost is the fact that our bullpen turned into a steaming pile of injured crap during spring training. That issue will work itself out probably sooner rather than later (we hope). The other issues are Bronson Arroyo’s albatross of a contract that makes him completely untradeable and the fact that Homer Baily is (a) out of options, and (b) also probably untradeable at this point in time because everyone in the league has seen enough of him to know that he’s something of a mental midget when things don’t go his way. Therefore, the best we could hope for in a trade for him would be a bag of balls and a box of toothpicks for Dusty to gnaw on. He won’t (and in my opinion for what little it’s worth, shouldn’t) be moved to the bullpen for that same reason. Aside from the fact that it takes him 3 days to warm up, no one wants to put a head case in the game with runners on second and third and nobody out in the 8th inning. Also, and I think any smart Reds fan would say this, I’d rather limit Chapman’s innings now so we have him available into September and October when it really counts, than have him starting games in April and May just to have him shut down the middle of August because of a pitch count/innings limit.

• Francisco (FC) - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Yeah next thing you know he’ll be all day sitting in chair only wearing a bathrobe smoking a bubble pipe…

• ajcardsfan - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:02 PM

I don’t see anything wrong with that activity, sounds quite enjoyable

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Blonde. I was at the game yesterday (great game). The Redlegs out hit us and deserved to win.
      I was very dissapointed to arrive and learn Matheny started the JV team though.
      No Freese…no Berkman and no Beltran. I can understand the Berkman thing but with him out…Beltran and Freese had to be in the lineup. Unbelievable really. Thom Brennaman referred to the Cardinals lineup as a “rumdumb” lineup that almost won. I laughed but certainly have to agree. Doesn’t matter though…you guys came through in the clutch when it mattered most. Congratulations. As for Chapman…he needs to start NOW. Dusty needs someone to make ALL pitching related decisions for him. Totally remove Dusty from ANY pitching decisions. The guy just can NOT work a pitching staff. It’s so blatantly obvious. Hell…it’s been that way his whole Managerial career. Someone posted wonderful statistics to this regard when Dusty was managing the Cubs. The numbers were astonishing. I just can’t believe Walt (or someone) hasn’t approached him about this. My suggestion: Move Homer to the Pen and bring up Aroldis.

• notadumbblond3 - Apr 13, 2012 at 11:07 AM

Yeah, when I saw the Cards lineup for Wednesday my first thought was, “Well they’ve got the B team in so we should win.” And then I thought, “I’d rather beat the A team. Beating the B team counts physically, but beating the A team counts more mentally.” But then the Reds also ran out their B team, or a lot of it anyway, so I guess it all evens out. Chapman needs to be starting, like yesterday, but unfortunately, I don’t think it’s going to happen soon. It will take Masset back and 100%, Bray fully 100%, and Homer losing several more games (because let’s face it, Bronson is going nowhere), which is the part that sucks the most. I have to say I really don’t want to see Homer in the pen because he would be used completely incorrectly. He (like Simon, who I am rapidly coming to despise) is the last person I want to see come in with the game on the line. I just don’t think he has the mental make up to be anything out of the pen other than a mop-up guy. The kid has so much talent, but he’s a mental midget when faced with adversity. That being said, I really hope he proves me wrong and comes out like gang busters his next few starts and starts kicking some ass, for his sake as well as the sake of the Reds. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if people have talked to Dusty about his pitching management. I get the impression that he is one of the most stubborn individuals God ever put on earth and he is going to do what he thinks he should do regardless of the evidence to the contrary or what anyone else has to say about it. I will say this though, and this is not to be a Dusty apologist: I don’t understand his decisions at least half the time, and I do think his strange decisions have the potential to and occasionally do cost games , but these guys are all professionals, and at the end of the day, it is up to them do their jobs and execute. The Reds, on a lot of levels, are not executing right now, so in some ways Dusty is damned if he does and damned if doesn’t. By the way, Freese is a monster and is rapidly becoming one of my favorite players. If he stays healthy he’ll contend for MVP.

13. uyf1950 - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:56 AM

The Yankees were fortunate to get 2 overtime wins against the Orioles the last 2 games. Both teams had plenty of opportunities to score last night before Swisher’s HR put the Yankees ahead for good. But as they say a win is a win.

One brief additional comment this one about the Red Sox. As the piece points out the Sox are better by just 1 win this year through 6 games than last year. But through 9 games last year the Sox were 2-7 (both those wins against the Yankees). The Sox now head to Fenway for a 3 game series against the Rays. The Sox currently at 1-5 stand a very good chance of just being 2-7 the same as last year after this coming Sunday afternoons game against those Rays. Ok may be it wasn’t such a brief comment.

14. Old Gator - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

Well, Josh Johnson has become Christ Volstad. We don’t know how it happened – maybe he stumbled into a Frank Capra movie. His pitching line reads like an exile battlefront report from the last hours of the Bay of Pigs inva….no, forget that metaphor, how about, like a budget report from the Macondo City Commission on the tax revenues from Macondo Banana Massacre field? The Feesh batters performed like a bunch of ladies in white. Um…er…no, I mean, like retirement home residents during morning calisthenics in the swimming pool. Tweeter made a critical error that contributed to the Feelies’ four run outburst in the third inning, looking less like an outfielder than Elian Gonzales chasing one of the hotties in his Young Pioneers troupe around the kitchen tab….er, no, more some little bald guy in a bathrobe in a midwestern basement groping for his bubble pipe and trying to find his keyboard in the throes of REM deprivation.

And of course Roy Halladay was peetching like a turret gunner on a T-72 tank mowing down a bunch of invaders equipped with old bolt action squirrel guns in some swamp in a….well, no, more like an android with some high-tech aiming and throwing chip and a bionically augmented arm. Jimmy Rollins had a great evening, running roughshod over the Feesh like some interrogator in an Isle of Pines intellig….huh, no, that might not work either….

I would be tempted to say that the Feelies weren’t exactly the Feesh’s sugar daddies last night, but that might be rubbing too much salt in their wounds….

15. kopy - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Twins finally win a game! Suck it, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. It really was only a matter of time before the bats got going, unless every player except Willingham was going to have a sub-career year together.

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Thumbs up for the “Suck it, Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.”

16. spudchukar - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Kids First. Get some rest, I mean the UPDATES may be more inclusive later. Trust me on this one Craig, this time sharing thing is tough, but done with the proper aplomb can be a boost to both you and your kids. There is a reason 3 out of the first four letters of routine create rut. Come Friday you and your kids will be eager to see each other, ready to explore the world together in ways you may have forgotten you can do together. Be rested though, cause those little guys do have energy.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Or his son will come after him with a ray gun.

17. beefytrout - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

If you come to Texas and kick Joe “I hate winning” Nathan in the crotch, you can do whatever you want.

• kopy - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM

The Twins would trade Texas Matt Capps for Joe Nathan and the difference between their salaries right now. Eh? Ehhhhhh???

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Closers just don’t know how to win.

18. kiwicricket - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I think reducing your bat-like instincts is a good thing.

19. sportsdrenched.com - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

I don’t read ATH after 9am your time anyway.

I get that the Royals are going to lose some games. I just ask that they quit doing it comicly or historicly. Anyone who follows this team should not be shocked that they lost a game in which 2 runs scored when the opposing team was down to their last two outs and they didn’t get a hit.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I’ll try this again, since my original comment kinda flew into the abyss….

Are you missing an “until” up there? And what guarantee would we have that Craig wouldn’t go all college style in his slumbering, pushing th eupdates back to like noon…or 5 or something?

20. davidpom50 - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM

Since you’re not watching the west coast games, to be honest you’re not adding anything that can’t be found easily elsewhere in a box score. Sleep in, dude.

21. Gamera the Brave - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM

As one of the apparent handful that “give a crap” about Los Gigantes, as worried as I am about the crappy pitching so far, I see two reasons to, well, worry less:
    1. Big Time Timmy Jim got clobbered in his first two starts the year he won his first Cy Young, reminding me that it’s early in the year, and overall we have a great pitching staff;
    2. Anyone else notice that the Giants are averaging 5.8 runs/game? If the pitching rounds to form, they will be just fine.

22. jimeejohnson - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM

I’m not a fan, but I think the Dodgers might be on their way back to the top. Chad Billingsley might be the best pitcher in baseball, and Matt Kemp could be the best center fielder. They can’t help but be more successful after the departure of that turd, McCourt.

23. APBA Guy - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:46 PM

The A’s and Royals snuck a game in before the rain and before the Royals flight out of town.

The two most significant things about this game were that the 3 homeruns that went out were all barely out, and would not have been out at night. Secondly, the A’s running game finally exerted pressure on an opposing team, in particular Cespedes steal of 3rd in the 2nd forcing a throwing error by Pena. Pena and the Royals pitchers looked a bit twitchy after that. Earlier in the week Seattle started Olivo at catcher to neutralize the A’s running. Against Texas they are using Montero to catch since Texas doesn’t employ the team running attack the A’s do.

In any event, the overall impression is that the Royals have better offensive talent at this stage, but with Soria down, this was a game they should have won, could have won, but did not.

24. royalsfaninfargo - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Broxton was awful! That might have been the worst blown save ever. BTW, sleep Craig.

25. 24missed - Apr 12, 2012 at 7:15 PM

By all means get your sleep. The RS bats have been asleep for awhile now, maybe they can show you how it is done.

I can’t believe that besides Pedroia, the only other player I get excited to see hit is Ryan Sweeny.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (5133)