Apr 12, 2012, 8:08 PM EDT
Wilson probably wasn’t going to be available Friday regardless, considering that he threw 32 pitches while giving up a run on three hits and a walk today. He’s allowed a run in both of his appearances thus far.
Wilson should be a lesser concern than Tim Lincecum for the Giants right now, but he’s still not showing quite as much velocity as he possessed before running into elbow problems last year. He threw mostly sliders in his first appearance, and when he went to the fastball today, it got hit.
Fortunately, the Giants are in great position to cover a down year from Wilson if that’s how it works out. Sergio Romo is as tough on righties as any reliever in the game, and Santiago Casilla, Jeremy Affeldt and Javier Lopez make for an excellent supporting cast. The Giants also have a very good relief prospect in Heath Hembree who could be a factor come June or July.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 24
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 133
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (134)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)