Apr 12, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang has looked good enough throwing off a mound in extended spring training that he could be ready to join the Nationals’ rotation later this month, according to manager Davey Johnson.
Johnson told James Wagner of the Washington Post that Wang “is doing very well” in his recovery from a hamstring injury and “is ahead of the program.”
Assuming that Wang can avoid a setback it’ll be interesting to see what the Nationals do once he’s healthy, as they demoted John Lannan to Triple-A even though Wang was on the DL and opted to go with Ross Detwiler as the No. 5 starter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)