Apr 12, 2012, 3:53 PM EDT
Chien-Ming Wang has looked good enough throwing off a mound in extended spring training that he could be ready to join the Nationals’ rotation later this month, according to manager Davey Johnson.
Johnson told James Wagner of the Washington Post that Wang “is doing very well” in his recovery from a hamstring injury and “is ahead of the program.”
Assuming that Wang can avoid a setback it’ll be interesting to see what the Nationals do once he’s healthy, as they demoted John Lannan to Triple-A even though Wang was on the DL and opted to go with Ross Detwiler as the No. 5 starter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (80)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (75)