Apr 12, 2012, 7:50 PM EDT
Wright’s status for Friday against the Phillies will be a game-time decision.
Wright has missed two games since breaking his right pinkie finger diving into a base on Monday night. The finger won’t be pain-free for weeks yet, so it’s simply a matter of how much pain Wright can tolerate if he wants to play. The guess is that he’ll give it a try Friday. However, if that doesn’t go well, he could miss some additional time afterwards.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)