Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I’m not a doctor, and I don’t mean to step on their toes . . . but when they give us a final diagnosis of the whole thing, my gut is you’ll see him (play) Friday.”
Could be. But man, after a couple years of the Mets medical staff taking flak, it’s probably not a good idea for Collins to pre-guess them. If they differ on this, people will criticize them for being too cautious. If they agree and Wright comes back but isn’t 100%, people will say they were subtly bullied by Collins.
Just let folks do their job, man.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 32
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL