Apr 12, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
“I’m not a doctor, and I don’t mean to step on their toes . . . but when they give us a final diagnosis of the whole thing, my gut is you’ll see him (play) Friday.”
Could be. But man, after a couple years of the Mets medical staff taking flak, it’s probably not a good idea for Collins to pre-guess them. If they differ on this, people will criticize them for being too cautious. If they agree and Wright comes back but isn’t 100%, people will say they were subtly bullied by Collins.
Just let folks do their job, man.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 152
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (153)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)