Apr 12, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was scratched from the lineup the other day due to some soreness in his left knee. He’s back — got a couple of hits yesterday — but he’s still aching. And it seems like that’s not going to go away any time soon, reports Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post:
But the right-fielder said doctors have not pin-pointed exactly what is wrong with his sore left knee.
“Basically, it’s the same type of stuff from spring training,” said Stanton, who missed most of the spring because of the knee.
“There is no specific injury to it. It’s something that I’m going to have to deal with. There are times I’m going to have to deal with that, and some stretches that I won’t.”
I know the feeling. But then again, I’m a creaky old man approaching 40, not a strapping young slugger of 22. Here’s hoping the knee issues don’t sap his prodigious power.
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 4
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 17
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 23
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- Zack Greinke’s scoreless innings streak ends at 45 2/3 7
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)