Apr 12, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was scratched from the lineup the other day due to some soreness in his left knee. He’s back — got a couple of hits yesterday — but he’s still aching. And it seems like that’s not going to go away any time soon, reports Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post:
But the right-fielder said doctors have not pin-pointed exactly what is wrong with his sore left knee.
“Basically, it’s the same type of stuff from spring training,” said Stanton, who missed most of the spring because of the knee.
“There is no specific injury to it. It’s something that I’m going to have to deal with. There are times I’m going to have to deal with that, and some stretches that I won’t.”
I know the feeling. But then again, I’m a creaky old man approaching 40, not a strapping young slugger of 22. Here’s hoping the knee issues don’t sap his prodigious power.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (196)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)