Apr 12, 2012, 9:35 AM EST
Giancarlo Stanton was scratched from the lineup the other day due to some soreness in his left knee. He’s back — got a couple of hits yesterday — but he’s still aching. And it seems like that’s not going to go away any time soon, reports Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post:
But the right-fielder said doctors have not pin-pointed exactly what is wrong with his sore left knee.
“Basically, it’s the same type of stuff from spring training,” said Stanton, who missed most of the spring because of the knee.
“There is no specific injury to it. It’s something that I’m going to have to deal with. There are times I’m going to have to deal with that, and some stretches that I won’t.”
I know the feeling. But then again, I’m a creaky old man approaching 40, not a strapping young slugger of 22. Here’s hoping the knee issues don’t sap his prodigious power.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 7
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)