Apr 12, 2012, 9:35 AM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton was scratched from the lineup the other day due to some soreness in his left knee. He’s back — got a couple of hits yesterday — but he’s still aching. And it seems like that’s not going to go away any time soon, reports Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post:
But the right-fielder said doctors have not pin-pointed exactly what is wrong with his sore left knee.
“Basically, it’s the same type of stuff from spring training,” said Stanton, who missed most of the spring because of the knee.
“There is no specific injury to it. It’s something that I’m going to have to deal with. There are times I’m going to have to deal with that, and some stretches that I won’t.”
I know the feeling. But then again, I’m a creaky old man approaching 40, not a strapping young slugger of 22. Here’s hoping the knee issues don’t sap his prodigious power.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)