Apr 12, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Last year, you’ll recall, Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur gave some A’s fans who sit in right field a $100 bill and an autographed baseball with explicit instructions that they use the money to purchase bacon dogs and beer.
Well, he’s still making friends with those guys: Yesteraday he had 20 pizzas delivered to their section 149. This came a day after those guys presented Francoeur with a t-shirt with the words “Second Annual Bacon Fest sponsored by Jeff Francoeur” on it. According to John Shea they’re going to give him another one, autographed by the whole group.
Yes, it really sucks that no one goes to A’s games anymore, but if that section was full of people, no one would be having this kind of fun.
- Report: Mets “pushing very hard” for Carlos Gomez 2
- Rangers “now clear-cut favorites” for Cole Hamels 36
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 56
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 63
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 47
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)