Apr 12, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Last year, you’ll recall, Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur gave some A’s fans who sit in right field a $100 bill and an autographed baseball with explicit instructions that they use the money to purchase bacon dogs and beer.
Well, he’s still making friends with those guys: Yesteraday he had 20 pizzas delivered to their section 149. This came a day after those guys presented Francoeur with a t-shirt with the words “Second Annual Bacon Fest sponsored by Jeff Francoeur” on it. According to John Shea they’re going to give him another one, autographed by the whole group.
Yes, it really sucks that no one goes to A’s games anymore, but if that section was full of people, no one would be having this kind of fun.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 51
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)