Apr 12, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Last year, you’ll recall, Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur gave some A’s fans who sit in right field a $100 bill and an autographed baseball with explicit instructions that they use the money to purchase bacon dogs and beer.
Well, he’s still making friends with those guys: Yesteraday he had 20 pizzas delivered to their section 149. This came a day after those guys presented Francoeur with a t-shirt with the words “Second Annual Bacon Fest sponsored by Jeff Francoeur” on it. According to John Shea they’re going to give him another one, autographed by the whole group.
Yes, it really sucks that no one goes to A’s games anymore, but if that section was full of people, no one would be having this kind of fun.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (233)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)