Jeff Francouer delivers pizza to an entire section at the Oakland Coliseum

Apr 12, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT

Kansas City Royals Photo Day Getty Images

Last year, you’ll recall, Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur gave some A’s fans who sit in right field a $100 bill and an autographed baseball with explicit instructions that they use the money to purchase bacon dogs and beer.

Well, he’s still making friends with those guys: Yesteraday he had 20 pizzas delivered to their section 149.  This came a day after those guys presented Francoeur with a t-shirt with the words “Second Annual Bacon Fest sponsored by Jeff Francoeur” on it.  According to John Shea they’re going to give him another one, autographed by the whole group.

Yes, it really sucks that no one goes to A’s games anymore, but if that section was full of people, no one would be having this kind of fun.

1. mybrunoblog - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:30 AM

Stories like this are always cool. Baseball is the only one of the major sports where things like this happens. Well done frenchy.

2. paperlions - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:32 AM

So….each person got their own pizza? Nice.

3. indaburg - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Yummm….. pizza.

4. phukyouk - Apr 12, 2012 at 8:59 AM

and to think… just 18 months ago Craig was the captain of the “Anti-Frenchy fan club”

5. raidernation831 - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Very cool! For those of us who do still go to the games, it’s a blast!

6. randall351 - Apr 12, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I would definetly go to more baseball games if I got a pizza. I think I smell the next big promotion out at the K.

• cltjump - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM

And, boy, does it smell good. ;)

7. yankeesjetsknicksrangers - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Here is the video of this

8. Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

French bread pizza? Sounds tasty right about now.

9. tilllman40 - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM

Good to see , after reading about D wade whining about geting paid to represent our country in which kids younger than him die to protect, it’s refreshing to see an athlete who gets it . PBT is see my favorite of the four good reader comments n none of the name calling or smart remarks of the others . Well informed fans here

10. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Apr 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Francoeur, I tip my hat to you. You’re a quality guy.

11. Francisco (FC) - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

The Braves 1995 Championship Team portrait hung above the faux fireplace. In front, the Phanatic Rug lay on the floor. The portrait recessed into the wall giving way to the LED 71″ screen. It lit up, and 16 different pictures in a grid showed the various events of Baseball. Ozzie Guillen was crying in front of the press in one screen. Another showed highlights of Jonathan Broxton’s meltdown, and the top right counter was showing the Red Sox’s woes and flummoxed Bobby Valentine giving a press conference.

A middle square lit up with Tiffany Simons. “Morning Craig, what topics do you have for me to include in HBT Extra?”

Craig, sitting in his high chair, bubble pipe in hand, bathrobe tidy, answered: “I want to piece on Jeff Francoeur.”

Tiffany did a double take. “THE Jeff Francoeur? The failed Braves superstar? The guy you can’t stand at all?”

“Oh, I’ve mellowed a bit and have had chance at perspective this last year. He’s not really such a bad guy. Sure there were high expectations. But these things happen all the time in baseball. It’s time to accept Frenchy for the player and person he is and not the one we wanted him to be.”

Tiffany looked at Craig sharply. “He sent you Pizza didn’t he?”

Craig, pursed his lips and denied it. “No, of course not. I’m a professional, I do my analysis and reporting based on events on and off the field…”

Craig’s foot was oh so casually pushing a pizza box under the Phanatic Rug…

• Utley's Hair - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I question your version of the events, FC. Why would Tiffany’s just appear in a TV monitor if she lives in the basement?

• Francisco (FC) - Apr 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Shhhh! I’m going to lose my Lair Access if you bring that up…

12. joewilliesshnoz - Apr 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Why not , everybody in the place got the munches anyway …

13. cur68 - Apr 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Next time I hope he sends them french toast. Tip O the Blue Jays Cap to ya, Frenchy.

Can Angels recoup loss of Richards?
  1. R. Castillo (4772)