Apr 12, 2012, 8:23 AM EDT
Last year, you’ll recall, Royals outfielder Jeff Francoeur gave some A’s fans who sit in right field a $100 bill and an autographed baseball with explicit instructions that they use the money to purchase bacon dogs and beer.
Well, he’s still making friends with those guys: Yesteraday he had 20 pizzas delivered to their section 149. This came a day after those guys presented Francoeur with a t-shirt with the words “Second Annual Bacon Fest sponsored by Jeff Francoeur” on it. According to John Shea they’re going to give him another one, autographed by the whole group.
Yes, it really sucks that no one goes to A’s games anymore, but if that section was full of people, no one would be having this kind of fun.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)