Apr 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
Jorge Posada is retired, and the Yankees are going to send him off nicely for the home opener tomorrow afternoon, announcing yesterday that he will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Friday’s home opener against the Los Angeles Angels.
He’ll also be honored at the Yankees Homecoming Dinner tonight which, apparently, is a thing.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 28
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)