Apr 12, 2012, 5:00 PM EST
Jorge Posada is retired, and the Yankees are going to send him off nicely for the home opener tomorrow afternoon, announcing yesterday that he will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before Friday’s home opener against the Los Angeles Angels.
He’ll also be honored at the Yankees Homecoming Dinner tonight which, apparently, is a thing.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 30
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)