Apr 12, 2012, 4:26 PM EST
Lorenzo Cain had a huge spring training, hitting .371 with five homers and a 1.193 OPS in 27 games, but he went just 2-for-15 to begin the season and has now been placed on the disabled list with a groin injury.
Cain suffered the injury Tuesday and the Royals indicated that he was likely to rejoin the lineup tomorrow, but apparently something changed.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 29
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)