Apr 12, 2012, 4:26 PM EDT
Lorenzo Cain had a huge spring training, hitting .371 with five homers and a 1.193 OPS in 27 games, but he went just 2-for-15 to begin the season and has now been placed on the disabled list with a groin injury.
Cain suffered the injury Tuesday and the Royals indicated that he was likely to rejoin the lineup tomorrow, but apparently something changed.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)