Apr 12, 2012, 8:48 AM EST
Via Crossing Broad we learn that Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard is set to begin construction on a $23 million gulf coast home. And it has fun stuff like this:
Special features include “a Venice-style lazy river running from the swimming pool underneath a series of bridges” and a bowling alley on the ground level with breakaway walls, architect Dan Dawson said then. Dawson also indicated the home would take three-and-a-half to- four years to build, far in excess of the time limits allowed by the town’s stringent building code.
It’s crazy-expensive and will take way longer than is reasonable until it is completed? Talk about architecture imitating life.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)