Apr 12, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Via Crossing Broad we learn that Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard is set to begin construction on a $23 million gulf coast home. And it has fun stuff like this:
Special features include “a Venice-style lazy river running from the swimming pool underneath a series of bridges” and a bowling alley on the ground level with breakaway walls, architect Dan Dawson said then. Dawson also indicated the home would take three-and-a-half to- four years to build, far in excess of the time limits allowed by the town’s stringent building code.
It’s crazy-expensive and will take way longer than is reasonable until it is completed? Talk about architecture imitating life.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17