Apr 12, 2012, 8:48 AM EDT
Via Crossing Broad we learn that Phillies first baseman Ryan Howard is set to begin construction on a $23 million gulf coast home. And it has fun stuff like this:
Special features include “a Venice-style lazy river running from the swimming pool underneath a series of bridges” and a bowling alley on the ground level with breakaway walls, architect Dan Dawson said then. Dawson also indicated the home would take three-and-a-half to- four years to build, far in excess of the time limits allowed by the town’s stringent building code.
It’s crazy-expensive and will take way longer than is reasonable until it is completed? Talk about architecture imitating life.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)