Apr 12, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
This post from High Heat Stas came out yesterday so it doesn’t account for the Rockies’ little conga line around the basepaths against the Giants last night. But at least through Tuesday night the offense has been putrid across the league.
And while this requires a giant, flashing neon sign reading “Small Sample Size,” HHS is comparing the first week of the season of this year to the first week or so of last year, so don’t cry apples/oranges.
We’re just in a continued offensive decline. It happens.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)