Apr 12, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
This post from High Heat Stas came out yesterday so it doesn’t account for the Rockies’ little conga line around the basepaths against the Giants last night. But at least through Tuesday night the offense has been putrid across the league.
And while this requires a giant, flashing neon sign reading “Small Sample Size,” HHS is comparing the first week of the season of this year to the first week or so of last year, so don’t cry apples/oranges.
We’re just in a continued offensive decline. It happens.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)