Apr 13, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Chipper Jones homered in his return from knee surgery Tuesday and then notched two hits Wednesday, but now the Braves third baseman is a late scratch from today’s lineup.
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Jones was removed from the lineup “due to swelling/fluid in his left knee.”
It’s a shame that Jones’ knee is letting him down in the future Hall of Famer’s final season, because he can still hit at age 40 and has yet to post an OPS below .800 in 18 seasons.
For now the Braves are saying Jones will get his knee drained and might be back in the lineup as soon as tomorrow.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)