Apr 13, 2012, 3:51 PM EDT
Ellsbury slid into second base, Brignac fell on top of him, and things didn’t look very good as the Red Sox center fielder walked off the field with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
Ryan Sweeney replaced Ellsbury in the lineup, with Cody Ross shifting from right field to center field. And obviously losing Ellsbury for an extended period would be a huge blow to the Red Sox as they try to get on track following a 1-5 start.
(Screen shot via Jason Collette of Baseball Prospectus.)
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead