Apr 13, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Ellsbury slid into second base, Brignac fell on top of him, and things didn’t look very good as the Red Sox center fielder walked off the field with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
Ryan Sweeney replaced Ellsbury in the lineup, with Cody Ross shifting from right field to center field. And obviously losing Ellsbury for an extended period would be a huge blow to the Red Sox as they try to get on track following a 1-5 start.
(Screen shot via Jason Collette of Baseball Prospectus.)
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 38
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 24
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 43
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Mark Prior’s retirement reminds us that young pitchers will break your heart 25
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)