Apr 13, 2012, 3:51 PM EST
Ellsbury slid into second base, Brignac fell on top of him, and things didn’t look very good as the Red Sox center fielder walked off the field with what appeared to be a shoulder injury.
Ryan Sweeney replaced Ellsbury in the lineup, with Cody Ross shifting from right field to center field. And obviously losing Ellsbury for an extended period would be a huge blow to the Red Sox as they try to get on track following a 1-5 start.
(Screen shot via Jason Collette of Baseball Prospectus.)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)