Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Today were the home openers for the Yankees and the Red Sox. To kick things off, both teams had recently-retired icons of the franchise throwing out the first pitch.
First, Varitek and Wakefield, who emerged from what I will henceforth call the American Flag Monstah:
Then Posada, who looks a bit frosty up on top of the mountain, no?
As someone who was already out of college and married when these guys began their careers — or in the case of Wakefield, enjoyed his greatest success — I feel really friggin’ old right now.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)