Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Today were the home openers for the Yankees and the Red Sox. To kick things off, both teams had recently-retired icons of the franchise throwing out the first pitch.
First, Varitek and Wakefield, who emerged from what I will henceforth call the American Flag Monstah:
Then Posada, who looks a bit frosty up on top of the mountain, no?
As someone who was already out of college and married when these guys began their careers — or in the case of Wakefield, enjoyed his greatest success — I feel really friggin’ old right now.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)