Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Today were the home openers for the Yankees and the Red Sox. To kick things off, both teams had recently-retired icons of the franchise throwing out the first pitch.
First, Varitek and Wakefield, who emerged from what I will henceforth call the American Flag Monstah:
Then Posada, who looks a bit frosty up on top of the mountain, no?
As someone who was already out of college and married when these guys began their careers — or in the case of Wakefield, enjoyed his greatest success — I feel really friggin’ old right now.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 26
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)