Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Today were the home openers for the Yankees and the Red Sox. To kick things off, both teams had recently-retired icons of the franchise throwing out the first pitch.
First, Varitek and Wakefield, who emerged from what I will henceforth call the American Flag Monstah:
Then Posada, who looks a bit frosty up on top of the mountain, no?
As someone who was already out of college and married when these guys began their careers — or in the case of Wakefield, enjoyed his greatest success — I feel really friggin’ old right now.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)