Apr 13, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Today were the home openers for the Yankees and the Red Sox. To kick things off, both teams had recently-retired icons of the franchise throwing out the first pitch.
First, Varitek and Wakefield, who emerged from what I will henceforth call the American Flag Monstah:
Then Posada, who looks a bit frosty up on top of the mountain, no?
As someone who was already out of college and married when these guys began their careers — or in the case of Wakefield, enjoyed his greatest success — I feel really friggin’ old right now.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (153)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)