Apr 13, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
At the end there — and often at the beginning and in the middle — Kenny Williams and Ozzie Guillen fought with one another in Chicago. So it wouldn’t be unexpected if Williams experienced a bit of Schadenfreude as Ozzie Guillen was raked over the coals and forced to apologize for the Castro crap earlier this week.
But nope, when asked about Guillen, Williams struck a different note:
“My standard answer is no comment, and I’d rather talk about the focus of this ball club and what’s happening with this ball club compared to anything else,” Williams said. “But you used the word compassion. I cannot help but have a little bit for somebody that has meant so much to the organization and meant so much to me personally over the years. So I guess the answer to that is question is, yeah, I do have some compassion as to what’s going on.”
That’s awful nice of him. Unless of course he was just offering the quote to ensure that Guillen is in the news for yet another day when, in reality, it seemed like this was all dying down.
Hmm … well-played, Williams. Well-played.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)