Apr 13, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
Fenway Park is celebrating its 100th birthday today, and Luke Scott was asked about it. Surprisingly, he did not take issue with the circumstances of the park’s birth. But he was cranky about the place all the same, calling it “a dump”:
“As a baseball player, going there to work, it’s a dump. I mean, it’s old. It does have a great feel and nostalgia, but at the end of the day, I’d rather be at a good facility where I can get my work in. A place where I can go hit in the cage. Where I have space and it’s a little more comfortable to come to work. You’re packed in like sardines there. It’s hard to get your work in. … You have to go to their weight room if you want to lift … from a player’s point of view, it’s not a place where you want to go to work.”
Scott did grant that “from a fan’s perspective, it’s probably pretty cool to go see a game at a historic park,” but I have this feeling that he’s still gonna get booed until Hell won’t have it when he comes to bat in Fenway, don’t you think?
Triples Machine: After a decade in the minors Royals rookie Paulo Orlando is demolishing triples records
Apr 21, 2015, 10:15 AM EDT
Seven games later he’s made history.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:45 AM EDT
A writer who once ripped Barry Bonds for 400 pages or so talked with Bonds’ son about the nature of celebrity and celebrity villains.
Apr 21, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Off-balance, running the other way, across his body, deep in the hole and he STILL got the speedy Brett Gardner.
Apr 21, 2015, 8:44 AM EDT
The F-bombs were hilarious, but the substance of Price’s rant was far more telling.
Apr 21, 2015, 12:40 AM EDT
The future is now in Chicago.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres right-hander Ian Kennedy landed on the disabled list after exiting his season debut on April 9 with a mild left hamstring strain, but he’s on track to return Saturday against the Dodgers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:35 PM EDT
Things are quickly going from bad to worse for the Brewers.
Apr 20, 2015, 10:06 PM EDT
This from Reds manager Bryan Price is not a good look at all.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:49 PM EDT
Tonight’s Cubs-Pirates game was delayed for 23 minutes after a woman was hit in the back of the head by a foul ball in the top of the second inning.
Apr 20, 2015, 9:35 PM EDT
The Rockies are calling him day-to-day.
Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 PM EDT
Ben Zobrist left Sunday’s game due to left knee soreness and he’s now slated to miss at least another couple of days after receiving a cortisone shot.
Apr 20, 2015, 7:29 PM EDT
Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander had to cut a simulated game short last Wednesday and he’s currently in shutdown mode due to continued soreness in his throwing arm.
Apr 20, 2015, 6:21 PM EDT
The Mets won their eighth straight game Sunday against the Marlins to improve to 10-3 on the year, but it came as a cost, as catcher Travis d’Arnaud and left-handed reliever Jerry Blevins were forced to leave the game due to injuries. Today we learned a little bit more about how long they’ll be sidelined.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:50 PM EDT
It’s been a facility in flux since the Dodgers left in 2008, but it has a new life under new management.
Apr 20, 2015, 4:00 PM EDT
It was bad enough that he needed stitches.
Apr 20, 2015, 2:22 PM EDT
Last season he threw 184 innings with a 4.11 ERA and 139/67 K/BB ratio.
Apr 20, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
And he actually owns up to taking stuff. None of that “I have no idea how that got in my system” rebop from him.
Apr 20, 2015, 12:30 PM EDT
People from El Paso are still mad about that. Oh well.
Apr 20, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Allen Craig replaced him in left field against the Orioles.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 18
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 22
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)