Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
This is something you don’t see every day. In the first inning of the Tigers-White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field, Miguel Cabrera complained to the umpires about the placement of the batter’s box, saying it was too close to the pitcher’s mound. Jim Leyland came out and said something too.
Were they told to pipe down? Nope: the game was delayed while the grounds crew came out and re-did the batters box.
Strange. Never seen a batter’s box delay before. I wonder if someone with the White Sox was trying to mess with the Tigers or if this was merely a matter of incompetence.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 1
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 15
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 44
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 22
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)