Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
This is something you don’t see every day. In the first inning of the Tigers-White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field, Miguel Cabrera complained to the umpires about the placement of the batter’s box, saying it was too close to the pitcher’s mound. Jim Leyland came out and said something too.
Were they told to pipe down? Nope: the game was delayed while the grounds crew came out and re-did the batters box.
Strange. Never seen a batter’s box delay before. I wonder if someone with the White Sox was trying to mess with the Tigers or if this was merely a matter of incompetence.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)