Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
This is something you don’t see every day. In the first inning of the Tigers-White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field, Miguel Cabrera complained to the umpires about the placement of the batter’s box, saying it was too close to the pitcher’s mound. Jim Leyland came out and said something too.
Were they told to pipe down? Nope: the game was delayed while the grounds crew came out and re-did the batters box.
Strange. Never seen a batter’s box delay before. I wonder if someone with the White Sox was trying to mess with the Tigers or if this was merely a matter of incompetence.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)