Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
This is something you don’t see every day. In the first inning of the Tigers-White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field, Miguel Cabrera complained to the umpires about the placement of the batter’s box, saying it was too close to the pitcher’s mound. Jim Leyland came out and said something too.
Were they told to pipe down? Nope: the game was delayed while the grounds crew came out and re-did the batters box.
Strange. Never seen a batter’s box delay before. I wonder if someone with the White Sox was trying to mess with the Tigers or if this was merely a matter of incompetence.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (196)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)