Apr 13, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
This is something you don’t see every day. In the first inning of the Tigers-White Sox game at U.S. Cellular Field, Miguel Cabrera complained to the umpires about the placement of the batter’s box, saying it was too close to the pitcher’s mound. Jim Leyland came out and said something too.
Were they told to pipe down? Nope: the game was delayed while the grounds crew came out and re-did the batters box.
Strange. Never seen a batter’s box delay before. I wonder if someone with the White Sox was trying to mess with the Tigers or if this was merely a matter of incompetence.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)