Apr 13, 2012, 11:03 AM EDT
Over at the New York Daily News, Andy Martino reports that, even though extension talks haven’t taken place, the Mets are probably going to try to keep David Wright in a Mets uniform for years to come.
The key thing is whether the Mets think Wright will become injury prone all of a sudden. Which, last year notwithstanding, he never has been. The current thing — that injured pinky — was freakish and, as of today anyway, is no longer keeping him out of the lineup.
Wright is a generally durable and consistent guy. Seems like it would make an awful lot of sense to lock him up, especially considering that there’s really no one else anywhere near needing locked up on the horizon.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)