Apr 13, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Fontenot hit .227/.304/.377 for the Giants last year and remained with the team this spring because there is a little known law requiring him to be within three miles of Ryan Theriot at all times. With this move, the Phillies are making a bold move, one that could cost Ruben Amaro … his freedom.
Um, wait. Sorry about that. It’s been a long week, and I think we just identified the moment where I ran out of energy and sanity. Probably a good idea for the other guys to take over for the rest of the night.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)