Apr 13, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Fontenot hit .227/.304/.377 for the Giants last year and remained with the team this spring because there is a little known law requiring him to be within three miles of Ryan Theriot at all times. With this move, the Phillies are making a bold move, one that could cost Ruben Amaro … his freedom.
Um, wait. Sorry about that. It’s been a long week, and I think we just identified the moment where I ran out of energy and sanity. Probably a good idea for the other guys to take over for the rest of the night.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 5
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)