Apr 13, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Fontenot hit .227/.304/.377 for the Giants last year and remained with the team this spring because there is a little known law requiring him to be within three miles of Ryan Theriot at all times. With this move, the Phillies are making a bold move, one that could cost Ruben Amaro … his freedom.
Um, wait. Sorry about that. It’s been a long week, and I think we just identified the moment where I ran out of energy and sanity. Probably a good idea for the other guys to take over for the rest of the night.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 69
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 112
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)