Apr 13, 2012, 5:42 PM EDT
Fontenot hit .227/.304/.377 for the Giants last year and remained with the team this spring because there is a little known law requiring him to be within three miles of Ryan Theriot at all times. With this move, the Phillies are making a bold move, one that could cost Ruben Amaro … his freedom.
Um, wait. Sorry about that. It’s been a long week, and I think we just identified the moment where I ran out of energy and sanity. Probably a good idea for the other guys to take over for the rest of the night.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)