Apr 13, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
After dropping the appeal of his five-game suspension for plunking ex-teammate Troy Tulowitzki near the end of spring training Ubaldo Jimenez is scheduled to return to the mound Sunday against the Royals.
Jimenez was originally slated to start Saturday, but then Tuesday’s game versus the White Sox was rained out and because his suspension was five games rather than five days his return had to be pushed back.
Jimenez took a no-hitter into the seventh inning of his last start, settling for seven innings of two-run ball versus the Blue Jays, so the Indians will hope that a little extra time between starts won’t keep him from remaining on track after largely struggling since coming over in a midseason trade from the Rockies last year.
Overall in 12 starts for the Indians he has a 4.85 ERA and 65/30 K/BB ratio in 75 innings while showing decreased velocity, so even with the suspension behind him Jimenez will remain a big question mark until he strings together some strong outings.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)