Apr 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Vin Scully isn’t ready to return to the Dodgers’ broadcast booth yet because of a cold, but the 84-year-old announcing legend is feeling better.
Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Scully could be back on the air as soon as Saturday and returning tonight may have been an option if the weather wasn’t expected to be bad.
Scully missed the Dodgers’ home opener earlier this week for the first time in 35 years, with Charley Steiner and Steve Lyons filling in.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 23
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)