Apr 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Vin Scully isn’t ready to return to the Dodgers’ broadcast booth yet because of a cold, but the 84-year-old announcing legend is feeling better.
Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Scully could be back on the air as soon as Saturday and returning tonight may have been an option if the weather wasn’t expected to be bad.
Scully missed the Dodgers’ home opener earlier this week for the first time in 35 years, with Charley Steiner and Steve Lyons filling in.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)