Apr 13, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Vin Scully isn’t ready to return to the Dodgers’ broadcast booth yet because of a cold, but the 84-year-old announcing legend is feeling better.
Tony Jackson of ESPN Los Angeles reports that Scully could be back on the air as soon as Saturday and returning tonight may have been an option if the weather wasn’t expected to be bad.
Scully missed the Dodgers’ home opener earlier this week for the first time in 35 years, with Charley Steiner and Steve Lyons filling in.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 39
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 25
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 77
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)