Apr 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Red Sox have officially placed Jacoby Ellsbury on the 15-day disabled list with a subluxed right shoulder. As expected, Che-Hsuan Lin will replace him on the active roster.
11:02 AM: The Red Sox have yet to make an official announcement, but Jacoby Ellsbury just confirmed on his Twitter account that he has a subluxation (or separation) of his right shoulder.
Thx for all the well wishes. Subluxed my right shoulder in yesterday's game. No timetable set, working hard to get back as soon as possible.—
Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) April 14, 2012
Ellsbury is reportedly scheduled to undergo more tests to make sure he didn’t sustain any additional damage to the shoulder, but early estimates are that he’ll need to miss at least six weeks. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the outfield for now while Che-Hsuan Lin is expected to be added to the roster before today’s game against the Rays.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 1
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)