Apr 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
UPDATE: The Red Sox have officially placed Jacoby Ellsbury on the 15-day disabled list with a subluxed right shoulder. As expected, Che-Hsuan Lin will replace him on the active roster.
11:02 AM: The Red Sox have yet to make an official announcement, but Jacoby Ellsbury just confirmed on his Twitter account that he has a subluxation (or separation) of his right shoulder.
Thx for all the well wishes. Subluxed my right shoulder in yesterday's game. No timetable set, working hard to get back as soon as possible.—
Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) April 14, 2012
Ellsbury is reportedly scheduled to undergo more tests to make sure he didn’t sustain any additional damage to the shoulder, but early estimates are that he’ll need to miss at least six weeks. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the outfield for now while Che-Hsuan Lin is expected to be added to the roster before today’s game against the Rays.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)