Apr 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: The Red Sox have officially placed Jacoby Ellsbury on the 15-day disabled list with a subluxed right shoulder. As expected, Che-Hsuan Lin will replace him on the active roster.
11:02 AM: The Red Sox have yet to make an official announcement, but Jacoby Ellsbury just confirmed on his Twitter account that he has a subluxation (or separation) of his right shoulder.
Thx for all the well wishes. Subluxed my right shoulder in yesterday's game. No timetable set, working hard to get back as soon as possible.—
Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) April 14, 2012
Ellsbury is reportedly scheduled to undergo more tests to make sure he didn’t sustain any additional damage to the shoulder, but early estimates are that he’ll need to miss at least six weeks. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the outfield for now while Che-Hsuan Lin is expected to be added to the roster before today’s game against the Rays.
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 4
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (86)