Apr 14, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
UPDATE: The Red Sox have officially placed Jacoby Ellsbury on the 15-day disabled list with a subluxed right shoulder. As expected, Che-Hsuan Lin will replace him on the active roster.
11:02 AM: The Red Sox have yet to make an official announcement, but Jacoby Ellsbury just confirmed on his Twitter account that he has a subluxation (or separation) of his right shoulder.
Thx for all the well wishes. Subluxed my right shoulder in yesterday's game. No timetable set, working hard to get back as soon as possible.—
Jacoby Ellsbury (@JacobyEllsbury) April 14, 2012
Ellsbury is reportedly scheduled to undergo more tests to make sure he didn’t sustain any additional damage to the shoulder, but early estimates are that he’ll need to miss at least six weeks. Darnell McDonald, Cody Ross and Ryan Sweeney will start in the outfield for now while Che-Hsuan Lin is expected to be added to the roster before today’s game against the Rays.
- Report: Athletics working on a trade 13
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)